Two scenarios from Hell

longtimer

The first is we finish out the year 10th or 11th in the Big Ten as predicted before dwindling crowds and miss post season play again. Our best player Cook leaves for the NBA minor league or Spain at year end and Baer who has been a good player as a walkon graduates. We bring in a 6'10" 150lb McCaffrey and a gritty guard who apparently is at least quicker than current players and we take a step back.
The second scenario is the same as the first except McCaffrey is gone and takes his family with him. In which case you have to look back at Lick teams or maybe even Dick Schultz to find an Iowa team with less talent

Someone please tell me there is another scenario that is at least possible

The first is we finish out the year 10th or 11th in the Big Ten as predicted before dwindling crowds and miss post season play again. Our best player Cook leaves for the NBA minor league or Spain at year end and Baer who has been a good player as a walkon graduates. We bring in a 6'10" 150lb McCaffrey and a gritty guard who apparently is at least quicker than current players and we take a step back.
The second scenario is the same as the first except McCaffrey is gone and takes his family with him. In which case you have to look back at Lick teams or maybe even Dick Schultz to find an Iowa team with less talent

Someone please tell me there is another scenario that is at least possible
This is why you don't give a coach 8 years, 9 years, 10 years for mediocre results. Not if you're serious about winning. Gutless Gary is not serious about winning and that much should be painfully obvious to everyone.

hqdefault.jpg

Scenario #5.....put a dome over Carver Simpsons style to keep all paying ticket holders out to force Barta's hand for change.

#3 cook comes back and the 3 new guys (4 including Nunge) help considerably. Joe T and CJF are good enough to move Moss and Dailey to the scout team. Joe turns into a 1st team conference player.

#3 cook comes back and the 3 new guys (4 including Nunge) help considerably. Joe T and CJF are good enough to move Moss and Dailey to the scout team. Joe turns into a 1st team conference player.
Right, wrong, or indifferent Cook ain’t coming back. Listen to Fran’s quotes and the players talking about this being TC’s last year. He’s gone.

With that said we don’t need to write off this season just yet. It’s starting to look closer to what we might of expected, but if you look around college basketball there really isn’t a lot of great teams. Every team has issues, if we catch a few breaks who knows maybe we can find ourselves on the right side of the bubble. I’m certainly not counting on it, but who knows.
(Note- I’m not saying you in particular but just the group as a whole around here).

Right, wrong, or indifferent Cook ain’t coming back. Listen to Fran’s quotes and the players talking about this being TC’s last year. He’s gone.

With that said we don’t need to write off this season just yet. It’s starting to look closer to what we might of expected, but if you look around college basketball there really isn’t a lot of great teams. Every team has issues, if we catch a few breaks who knows maybe we can find ourselves on the right side of the bubble. I’m certainly not counting on it, but who knows.
(Note- I’m not saying you in particular but just the group as a whole around here).

I hadn't heard any of that. So dumb that we get a pretty good college player and he is dead set on leaving early, even to it wont ne to the NBA. Not many guys do that.

Has anyone seen CJF play? I haven't, but I'd be shocked based on Fran's history if he was much better than any other mediocre guard we've had the last 8 years

I hadn't heard any of that. So dumb that we get a pretty good college player and he is dead set on leaving early, even to it wont ne to the NBA. Not many guys do that.
In fairness I should say the quotes are still a little up for interpretation, but it sounded like most were expecting this to be his last year.

Side note: has Cook’s jumper actually got worse this year? It seemed like he would occasionally knock that mid range shot down in the past but I’m not sure if he’s made one this year. He’s absolutely bricked a bunch as well.

Agree... It ain't OVER till is over..Starts with HC and staff.Next game would be quite cool. A do-able. AW mentality pleese.

In fairness I should say the quotes are still a little up for interpretation, but it sounded like most were expecting this to be his last year.

Side note: has Cook’s jumper actually got worse this year? It seemed like he would occasionally knock that mid range shot down in the past but I’m not sure if he’s made one this year. He’s absolutely bricked a bunch as well.

It's not even that he's missing them. It's that he missing every single shot by a mile. He's not even close. I wonder if talk in interviews will change as the year goes on. The guy is an average basketball player with freak size and freak athleticism for a college player.

We bring in a 6'10" 150lb McCaffrey
Patrick won't see the floor. I don't care how many gold star stickers Rivals gives him. People have said for the past 3 years, "Just wait and maybe (probably) he'll put on weight..."

It hasn't happened and it isn't going to. It's not his fault, but people just don't put mass on after radiation. Someone with his frame will get leveled in the Big Ten. Hell, Garza even gets pushed around and he has 70 pounds on him. Those big dunks and blocks he gets on AAU kids? Not gonna happen against a 245 lb Nick Ward.

P6 basketball is not bean pole AAU, guys. That's where Fran has gone wrong with his recruiting IMO. He has exactly one player out of 9 with some physicality in a league that depends on it.

It's not even that he's missing them. It's that he missing every single shot by a mile. He's not even close. I wonder if talk in interviews will change as the year goes on. The guy is an average basketball player with freak size and freak athleticism for a college player.
It looks like he spent some time in the weight room and got even bigger, I wonder if that is effecting his jump shot. More than anything the kid wants to be an NBA guy, but I just don’t think that’s in the cards for him.

V

Again Coach got huuge money.For digging us out of hole. Now him and Staff who got raises also. Thanks! Dolf situation no BIG deal in my modest opinion.Concentrate on Season. Practice "d" and get on same page as players. It can be done.DOLF waay cool...

TC will make more money playing for back water Europe teams, than he will with a starter job with a college degree. At least twice as much. He can do that and finish his degree on line, while he gets paid to play basketball. How is this a bad decision?

TC will make more money playing for back water Europe teams, than he will with a starter job with a college degree. At least twice as much. He can do that and finish his degree on line, while he gets paid to play basketball. How is this a bad decision?

I never said it was.