Two More Years of Dink-Dunk Rudock

iowalaw

Banned
Well, after leading Iowa to two big victories and growing crowd excitement, Kirk benches CJ in favor of his favorite. Why? Not because Rudock played well in several games before his injury, but because Jake gets good grades and is an upper classmen...and played decent PRIOR TO LAST SEASON, where he won the job. Last week, Jake was handed his reserved spot and played average against a really bad team. Fans forgave this favortism because Jake threw ONE deep ball, and it was caught (the rest of the throws were two yard outs). This week? Jake plays the worst game of an Iowa qb since the Vandenburg era, and still CJ sits. I thought a pick 6 was a huge no no with ultra conservative Kirk? What about those audibles to runs up the middle for no gain?

Kirt made his decision. There's a whole rest of the season of this, and next year will be more of the same...Jake throwing 2 yard passes to the RBs on 3rd and 12. Exciting Iowa football! How many sellouts will we have next year with no hope at the QB position.

Last edited:
Morehouse thinks CJ may be injured. Which certainly would undercut your whine.

Of course he thinks he "may" be injured. Rational people need to come up with some explanation for why Jake has played every down in an epic fail performance. I think he may be injured too. But that doesn't mean that is the case. He wasn't injured last week and Kurt said he would play this week.

Confirmed - our best qb was not injured today. Kurt just likes Jake and the 2 yrd passes (even with 10 seconds left in the game). More to come next week...and the week after.

Confirmed - our best qb was not injured today. Kurt just likes Jake and the 2 yrd passes (even with 10 seconds left in the game). More to come next week...and the week after.

Yes is easy to see JR is a big favorite with Ferentz. He clearly wants him to be the starter over CJ

I think we should call this offense the CCDO. Conservative checkdown offense. Maybe state farm could make a commercial out of it. P

Morehouse thinks CJ may be injured. Which certainly would undercut your whine.

Apparently not undercut at all. CJB was perfectly fine, but just like Pitt in 2008, KFs gut was wrong. Without CJB, we'd be 4-3....possibly 3-4. But take your clipboard son and know your role.

It sucks to finally realize that KF is such an egomaniac that he will lose games instead of playing the guys who give him the best chance to win. There are so many examples that it cannot be rebuffed anymore.

It sucks to finally realize that KF is such an egomaniac that he will lose games instead of playing the guys who give him the best chance to win. There are so many examples that it cannot be rebuffed anymore.

I told you so*

*in 2001

I'm not saying it's an easy pill to swallow, but I think you have to come to terms with:

(1) Rudock is just not very good and would not start for many power 5 teams
(2) CJB at times has looked quite a bit better, but at other times quite a bit worse.

Which one of those do you play? I don't think it's an easy choice.

I'm not saying it's an easy pill to swallow, but I think you have to come to terms with:

(2) CJB at times has looked quite a bit better, but at other times quite a bit worse.

I thought about it another minute - I would play CJB. With Rudock, you're assured of getting a turd...with CJB, you at least have a chance. I'd rather finish 7-5 swinging like a madman than finish 7-5 puttering around like an old woman off her meds in the Walgreen's parking lot.

receivers were not open down field today and ........ its the two guards who got worked all day long

I agree with both points but after watching Jake look like JVB today I was ready to hand over the keys to CJ. His arm and ability to run puts more pressure on the defense. But the argument might not be which quarterback should play but rather what these coaches are doing wrong. When I see Powell and Parker with the ball I see true speed and talent but Ferentz continues to utilize them like gimmick players. One deep shot to Powell and an end around once a game is a joke. The dink and dunk is more the system than any one quarterback.

The dink and dunk offense are not a product of the coaching staff. They are a product of the starting qb. Put in CJ and somehow receivers down the field are open and the ball is thrown vertically.

Latest posts