Twlight Zone: Iowa is the big guy, MSU is the little guy, and Izzo is still a rat game thread

Well that is to bad you think that way. Look, I will take the high road here and apologize from whatever way I have some how crossed your fandom and the team we both support. And we both support this team.

But, this is a message board, we don't play for Iowa (at least I don't) so we are free to discuss. I have been watching Iowa for decades upon decades. I use humor and I'm not a sugar-coater.

Iowa's problem in both football and basketball is that they don't take advantage of the situations when they need to. It is the carrot dangling from the stick. For Pete's sake let's grab that damn carrot for once. It gets old seeing a team like Wisconsin (not this year as an example of course) do it time and time again.

We should be hard on them. We should be hard on Fran. Fran is in his 11 season at Iowa with his best team. They currently have a Top 10 ranking. They should be called out and "fake id" when they are not playing to that level.

Losing to Minnesota with a 7 point lead with such little time left was Lucy pulling the football away. Losing to a middling Indiana squad....at HOME....was Lucy pulling the football away. Struggling with weakest version of MSU in some time is concerning.

Illinois was a good effort loss. Gonzaga showed Iowa was not at their level at that time.

MJ was a prick, but he was hard on his Bulls teammates because he wanted to be the best. No one for sure really knows what is going on in the Iowa locker room, but we do know they read social media. We know that some of them have thin-skin. We know an opposing coach not to long ago said they lack mental toughness....and that has been a problem in the program. I think it is still a problem.

I don't know, but personally I appreciate an honest assessment. Not kissing ass. And, if they do read this stuff (actually I hope they don't and spend far less time on social media and hitting the books, practicing, and spending time with their loved ones) that if they do come across stuff it can help motivate them.

But, I don't post for their sake, I post because I share a common theme with all of you. A love for the Hawkeyes. Born a Hawkeye and raised a Hawkeye. Always a Hawkeye and I believe the program will always be greater then one coach or individual player (not that those entities can't go along way to shaping how the program turns out).

Another thing (remember we are fans so we can look at things far out) to say well, I think the Big Ten Champion is going to have 5-6 losses. That may be true, but to have that mentality and say well oh geez it will be ok because Michigan is going to lose X amount of games. I don't want to depend on another team losing games for us to win the regular season because we are stumbling here and there. We need to take care of business.
I started to read this but stopped when I saw how long it was. So I can’t really respond. Enjoy your evening!

Latest posts