Tweet Re: Pearl - From Rick Brown Dsm Register

PatrickAdamovicz

I received a tweet from the Dsm Register (Rick Brown's blog). He mentions that he had spoken with a person "off the record" that told him that Bruce Pearl was working behind the scenes to get the Iowa job. An hour later, a friend of Pearl's told him that Bruce had zero interest in returning to Iowa City.

Smoke screen or truth? I don't know what the heck is going on with this search. Does anybody really?

I received some inside info today from a very reliable source that there are about a dozen coaches that may or may not be interested in the job. Also, Barta might have interviews set up with some of thos candidates...but he might not - that part is unclear. The one thing i can confirm is that the Iowa job is currently open. My source is usually very reliable so take it for what its worth

Im getting pretty annoyed with this search!

I received a tweet from the Dsm Register (Rick Brown's blog). He mentions that he had spoken with a person "off the record" that told him that Bruce Pearl was working behind the scenes to get the Iowa job. An hour later, a friend of Pearl's told him that Bruce had zero interest in returning to Iowa City.

Smoke screen or truth? I don't know what the heck is going on with this search. Does anybody really?

Is it possible he was in contact with Iowa on Steve Forbes behalf? This would explain him working behind the scenes on the "Iowa job" without him being personally interested in it.

Well yeah.

The last few days' it feels to me has been the calm before the storm. Something is going to happen soon. Spank hasn't been posting much, same can be said for Miller.....do thye know something that we don't? I'm sure they know more than they are leading on and I can't blame them for holding that information but I just might hold them responsible for my trip to the funny farm. I'm tired of all these names floating around, the BS post about Knight, reading coaches bios and trying to figure out where this is all heading. I'm going to go pray for a coach that wants to be a Hawkeye and hope it turns out to be a great hire, whomever it may be.

The problem that Brown should have recognized with the first tip is that Pearl would not have to "work", behind the scenes or otherwise, to get the Iowa job. All he'd need to do is pick up the phone and agree on a number. End of search.

I suspect, as someone above suggested, that Pearl may be working behind the scenes on behalf of Forbes.

The last few days' it feels to me has been the calm before the storm. Something is going to happen soon. Spank hasn't been posting much, same can be said for Miller.....do thye know something that we don't? I'm sure they know more than they are leading on and I can't blame them for holding that information but I just might hold them responsible for my trip to the funny farm. I'm tired of all these names floating around, the BS post about Knight, reading coaches bios and trying to figure out where this is all heading. I'm going to go pray for a coach that wants to be a Hawkeye and hope it turns out to be a great hire, whomever it may be.
+1

No - i dont think anyone outside the search committee really knows much right now

I can confirm from a VERY reliable source that Bruce Pearl MAY be interested in the Iowa job...or he MAY not be...it is all very unclear at this juncture...but the source HAS CONFIRMED that it is one of the two above options....

Yeah, barta is probably bouncing names back and forth between spank and miller.

Yeah, barta is probably bouncing names back and forth between spank and miller.

My guess would be (and I'm sure it's occurred to many): perhaps there has been no real news at all, so Spank and Jon haven't posted as much because there's nothing to say???? Just a thought. When there's nothing to say, it's best to keep quiet. It sure beats making s*** up just because you're bored.

I can confirm from a VERY reliable source that Bruce Pearl MAY be interested in the Iowa job...or he MAY not be...it is all very unclear at this juncture...but the source HAS CONFIRMED that it is one of the two above options....

Well I can confirm from multiple reliable sources that Pearl is definitely NOT interested in the job, or that he may possibly be so
extremely interested in it that he will retire if not hired for the postion. Take this however you will but my sources were very adamant about this and I am confirming it on a message board.

Latest posts