Tweet Re: Pearl - From Rick Brown Dsm Register

My brother knows Kenyon Murray's wife. He says that Kenyon talked to Jason Shay (assistant at UT played with Kenyon at Iowa), and that Pearl is not interested. That is what I'm basing that on.

Note: I edited this, because i had the wrong assistant. Just because it's 2nd hand info doesn't mean the conversation didn't take place. It did. It also doesn't mean Pearl wouldn't change his mind. But the reality is he's not coming to Iowa.

Last edited:
My brother knows Kenyon Murray's wife. He says that Kenyon talked to Aaron Green (assistant at UT), and that Pearl is not interested. That is what I'm basing that on.

Ok got it 2nd and 3rd hand information..

not that I don't think pearl will come to Iowa, but have yet to see any where he has said he has zero interest.

Well I can confirm from multiple reliable sources that Pearl is definitely NOT interested in the job, or that he may possibly be so
extremely interested in it that he will retire if not hired for the postion. Take this however you will but my sources were very adamant about this and I am confirming it on a message board.

This joke was just as funny the first 2 times the exact same joke was told basically word for word in this exact thread.

Who's gonna be #4!!???

This joke was just as funny the first 2 times the exact same joke was told basically word for word in this exact thread.

Who's gonna be #4!!???

What's with all the redundant jokes? I mean, 2 people have practically said the same thing verbatim. I wonder if anyone else is going to try?

The last few days' it feels to me has been the calm before the storm. Something is going to happen soon. Spank hasn't been posting much, same can be said for Miller.....do thye know something that we don't? I'm sure they know more than they are leading on and I can't blame them for holding that information but I just might hold them responsible for my trip to the funny farm. I'm tired of all these names floating around, the BS post about Knight, reading coaches bios and trying to figure out where this is all heading. I'm going to go pray for a coach that wants to be a Hawkeye and hope it turns out to be a great hire, whomever it may be.

Didn't you hear? They expanded the search committee. They did it just so Jon and Spank can't comment anymore.

The Seven-member Search committee consists of:

Gary Barta, Director of Athletics
Fred Mims, Associate Athletics Director
Betsy Altmaier, Faculty Athletic Representative
Ellie Herman, Chair of the Presidential Committee on Athletics
Bobby Hansen, Former Basketball Student-Athlete
Jon Miller, Popular radio personality, blogger, and site administrator of HawkeyeNation.com
Justin VanLaere (a.k.a. Storminspank), Iowa basketball's biggest superfan

it seems there are more redundant threads about this topic than there are redundant jokes about redundant posts in these redundant threads...that being said, i have a darkhorse candidate. Why hasnt anyone mentioned the most obvious choice

BJ ARMSTRONG...my sources say dude can recruit

I received a tweet from the Dsm Register (Rick Brown's blog). He mentions that he had spoken with a person "off the record" that told him that Bruce Pearl was working behind the scenes to get the Iowa job. An hour later, a friend of Pearl's told him that Bruce had zero interest in returning to Iowa City.

Smoke screen or truth? I don't know what the heck is going on with this search. Does anybody really?

Both could be true: I would guess that Bruce Pearl is probably working behind the scenes to get the Iowa job for Steve Forbes. Pearl has zero interest in returning to Iowa City, but Forbes is interested.

Just guessing.

Didn't you hear? They expanded the search committee. They did it just so Jon and Spank can't comment anymore.

Jon Miller, Popular radio personality, blogger, and site administrator of HawkeyeNation.com

was this a typo?

LOL, between you and importedankle I don't know who is funnier. I love how people like you have to take things out of context just to make yourself feel better. I never implied that Jon and Spank were that far up, but I'm sure they hear more rumblings that you or I do.

LOL, between you and importedankle I don't know who is funnier. I love how people like you have to take things out of context just to make yourself feel better. I never implied that Jon and Spank were that far up, but I'm sure they hear more rumblings that you or I do.

this is clearly illustrated by the week or so jon spent trying to convince everyone that Iowa was going to the fiesta bowl. they aren't posting any more on it because there is nothing more to do at this point then speculate and try to convince others that your opinion is some how more valuable than theirs.

Man, even the jokes are getting unusually lame around here.

(yes, including mine, thank you)

I do appreciate the Arrested Development reference in a certain username.

My post wasn't meant to slam you. I too am going to the funny farm waiting for a replacement coach to be named.

I think Jon's been pretty active lately with his opinions, but I do agree Spank has been kind of quit. I'm not reading anything into that, I just miss the poor bugger.

Latest posts