Tune into Pitt-Cincy now to see why B10 title game

Not true. Weather suits running teams much more than it does a spread/throwing team. It also neutralizes team speed advantages.

you have a week to gameplan. a good team can make adjustments to their gameplan to account for weather. weather is an excuse for fans not to show up, but not for how a team plays

you have a week to gameplan. a good team can make adjustments to their gameplan to account for weather. weather is an excuse for fans not to show up, but not for how a team plays
I disagree completely. A team is suppose to change their entire offensive identity in a week? Uh, ok......get real...

The B12 title game in like 2003 or 2004 was in KC and it was night, and it was bitter cold...I was at a christmas party in KC and we were watching it on TV and could not imagine sitting in that.

I will predict the Big Ten will NEVER have it in a true outdoor stadium.

I would assume that as well. I understand that indoors is better for the fans. My point is, if (and hopefully when) the Hawks play for the Big 10 title and I have a chance to go, i'm going and a blizzard wouldn't stop me from watching my team

I disagree completely. A team is suppose to change their entire offensive identity in a week? Uh, ok......get real...

Iowa did it when Drew Tate became a hero after 27 running backs went down to injury in 2004...my numbers may be off a little, but that's definitely an exception to the rule...not the rule.

have you ever seen a college practice? they have a whole playbook, they do run both passing and run plays. every team has them and they practice them every week

have you ever seen a college practice? they have a whole playbook, they do run both passing and run plays. every team has them and they practice them every week
a spread team doesn't change from a spread team to a I-formation/power running team in one week. Do understand this concept at all? Lol....wow....

a spread team doesn't change from a spread team to a I-formation/power running team in one week. Do understand this concept at all? Lol....wow....

different elements to a spread offense. oregon is a spread offense that predominately runs the ball. if you can't adapt your gameplan then you have poor coaches, your success is based on a gimmick, and you don't deserve to be in a title game

I would go to the championship to see the Hawks whether it was inside or out, and I think most fans would do the same for their teams. If you confine the game to only being able to be played indoors you only have a select handful of sites to play at. However if you include all NFL sites, you gain another three or four sites.

I think the Big 10 should permanently hunker down in Indianapolis.

From a TV standpoint, it's not relevant where it is.
So it is a fan perspective. I love Chicago - it's my hometown, but there aren't hotels and sports bars surrounding Soldier Field or United Center. When these events are in town, it is nice to know that it is the biggest event taking place in the city and in Chicago, it would be tough to accomplish that.

Indianapolis basically designed their downtown to house events like this and while I haven't been there in years, I understand it is pretty nice there.

Who says you need to rotate it anyway...It's never going to be played in Iowa, so give it a "home" and be done with it.

Jon, agree completely, the championship game should be played indoors. And I'm sure it will.

There is a reason the Rose Bowl is played in Pasadena every year.

Lambeau is used for nothing but Packers football games.

Soldier Field is used for other events, and that's a big reason why the field is total @$%^.

Metrodome? The stadium that everybody else has abandoned (Goofers, Twins) or wants to abandon (Vikings)?

Ford Field? I'll drive 6 hours to sit in 0 degree weather and a blizzard than go to Detroit.

should be played at Lucas Oil Stadium, indoors, permanently

Jon, if I sent you $8 via PayPal so you could buy a pair of spandex pants to wear under your dress, would you change your mind? My buddy has been ragging on me for weeks to go to the Bears-Pats game next week and I kept putting him off, but then I woke up this morning to a glorious snowfall and called him first thing to tell him that I was 100% in. Two pairs of socks, boots, long underwear, gym pants underneath jeans if it's raining/snowing so your legs stay dry, t-shirt, long sleeved t-shirt, hooded sweatshirt, winter coat, stocking cap and gloves are all that is necessary to have a GREAT day at Soldier watching a great game of football. I've been to a ton of great Iowa games, but no football game I have ever been to has matched the day I sat out in a driving wind, snow/sleet mix and watched the Bears beat the Saints in the NFC title game.

I'm at a loss as to why it is okay to play in the crappy elements the week that may determine participants in the title game (e.g., Iowa-Nebraska, Wisky-PSU, not sure how standings will work to determine qualifiers, so maybe even OSU-UM) but then remove all elements of weather from the title game so that it can end up turning into a track meet rather than a midwestern slug fest like the great brawls up at Lambeau, Soldier or the Dawg Pound that have determined Super Bowl participants in years past.

Big Ten fans will travel anywhere. Outside in the South where it's warm. Maybe pick up some new fans and let some recruits see Big 10 football.

Latest posts