Tucker wants to stay @ Iowa...

I have been saying this along, that if tucker wants to stay at iowa, then the new coach needs to at least talk to him. I am going to run for cover, but i think tucker should come back. As i have been saying all along that school allows 3 strikes before you get the boot. he is only on strike 2. He desrved his punishment, but he served it, and did what was required of him. Lick just continued to rub his nose in it. Lick is gone, and i think tucker should be allowed back now.
2 public intox's and 1 academic =3 suspensions in 2 years, lets move on!

Oh, the one who has been suspended twice and hasn't played a game in his career. I see. I bet James quit as well.

James Ferentz is a RS Freshman offensive lineman. He weighs in at a staggering 265 pounds soaking wet per roster. Our starting lineup was 300 across the front with Bulaga, Richardson, Vandervelde, Bullaga, Calloway, Doering and a few others weighing over 3 bills.

The point wasn't about playing time that was received by either of these players, it was about one of the kids seemingly being glossed over in the papers and on the message boards because of his last name and the other getting taken to the woodshed because he's on a terrible basketball team.

What do you think Ferentz's career options are? Do you think he could just quit the team and head off to another D1 program and jump in to the starting rotation? He may be a monster for us in his Jr and Sr year but they are apples and oranges.

Tucker left the team in the middle of the season because he was getting his chain jerked by the coach. There is a difference between being a starter, meeting your requirements, dressing for games and never seeing the floor AND being a RS Freshman 5th stringer who had no expectations of cracking the lineup and just happens to be the coaches son.

James Ferentz is a RS Freshman offensive lineman. He weighs in at a staggering 265 pounds soaking wet per roster. Our starting lineup was 300 across the front with Bulaga, Richardson, Vandervelde, Bullaga, Calloway, Doering and a few others weighing over 3 bills.

The point wasn't about playing time that was received by either of these players, it was about one of the kids seemingly being glossed over in the papers and on the message boards because of his last name and the other getting taken to the woodshed because he's on a terrible basketball team.

What do you think Ferentz's career options are? Do you think he could just quit the team and head off to another D1 program and jump in to the starting rotation? He may be a monster for us in his Jr and Sr year but they are apples and oranges.

Tucker left the team in the middle of the season because he was getting his chain jerked by the coach. There is a difference between being a starter, meeting your requirements, dressing for games and never seeing the floor AND being a RS Freshman 5th stringer who had no expectations of cracking the lineup and just happens to be the coaches son.

As I said earlier, it was going around that Tucker was still in the bars even after his second arrest. Some would consider it playing mind games, but who's to say that Lickliter wasn't hearing this rumors, and wouldn't play AT until he stopped hearing them?

Setting requirements for a player to gain reinsatement is a very clear way of doing things. But it doesn't tell you if the player has learned anything. If Lickliter had said "As long as I hear about you being in the bars, you are not going to play," then Tucker might have steered clear just to get back on the floor. By not spelling that requirement out to AT, it's easy to see if he learned anything. If when AT is given a choice to go to the bars or not (with no discipline outlined in the event that he chooses to drink), and he chooses to go downtown, then you know he didn't learn anything.

Again, I'm not saying that this is what happened, but it is possible, and worth considering.

Getting his chain jerked?

I guess I must be in the minority when people think coaches need to baby players who are suspended.

Every situation is different. In the end, Tucker WAS NOT kicked off the team. Being a starter shouldn't have anything to do with the discipline of a student/athlete.

If Lick's downfall was his treatment of Tucker and not his record, then he truly received the raw deal at Iowa.

Latest posts