Trying to gain support...Please help

ImInTheSouth

Please convince your friends, command your children, write your congressmen......whatever it takes but for the love of everything holy can we all please stop calling football players 'weapons'?

Actual point of fact, they're not based on Merriam-Webster.

Thank you and Godspeed.

Wadley is such weapon....

for whatever reason this reminded me of this

judge-jonah-about-to-smash-a-clock.jpg

Respectfully I ask, are we still battling in the trenches or fighting for yards?

Last edited:
Please convince your friends, command your children, write your congressmen......whatever it takes but for the love of everything holy can we all please stop calling football players 'weapons'?

Actual point of fact, they're not based on Merriam-Webster.

Thank you and Godspeed.

Did this really merit a post on this message board?

They can vote, they can enlist, some can even legally drink....they are not kids, they are adults. It is a degrading power game when coaches refer to them as kids.

They can vote, they can enlist, some can even legally drink....they are not kids, they are adults. It is a degrading power game when coaches refer to them as kids.
I think it is a paternal feeling thing, not a power trip that causes coaches to call thier players kids. I will always call my children kids even when they are 35 with kids of thier own.

Just think of it though. If they hear that, many are going to play that role or acknowledge themselves as "kids". This when they can live on their own, drink, serve their country and risk their lives.

If I were a coach, the very damn first thing I would do is to set a rule with all the other coaches, trainers, etc., that they are NOT to be referred to as "kids". You have to keep them in the correct frame of mind.

Seriously, I would have hated when I was in college being referred to as a kid. We are talking 22 and 23 yr old individuals here. STOP IT!!

I think it is a paternal feeling thing, not a power trip that causes coaches to call thier players kids. I will always call my children kids even when they are 35 with kids of thier own.

That's certainly part of it, but many times they are called kids when trying to excuse or minimize bad behavior.

Maybe I'm the only one who notices the frequency with which players are referred to as 'weapons'. My point was two fold. First, they're not weapons because weapons are things, not people. Second, just pay attention to how many times you hear/read players referred to as 'weapons'. It's a pandemic and at this point any football related show on tv could be used to pace a drinking game when that word is mentioned.

Have a half quiver of "kids". They are mentally kids until they pass 25. Something strange (and wonderful happens at that point. One of my kids when little used his head as a weapon. It would hurt and once he broke my nose. That was when he was 21...just kidding...he was six. Was our only biter too.

Of few of them used their mouth's as weapons. One could do 3000 rounds a minute in words. I prefer my kids as 25 plus adults than under. 16 yo's are the worst. One is approaching that time.

Have a half quiver of "kids". They are mentally kids until they pass 25. Something strange (and wonderful happens at that point. One of my kids when little used his head as a weapon. It would hurt and once he broke my nose. That was when he was 21...just kidding...he was six. Was our only biter too.

Of few of them used their mouth's as weapons. One could do 3000 rounds a minute in words. I prefer my kids as 25 plus adults than under. 16 yo's are the worst. One is approaching that time.

I see what you did there. Nicely done! Now excuse me, I have to go and Google "quiver".

Latest posts