Trump supporters, how do you square this?

CP87

I was formerly a right-leaning centrist, but Trump and what he has done to the Republican party has pushed me leftward. I find his character and infidelity to the truth completely disqualifying. That said, I have lots of family who support him, and I know lots of folks around here do, too. I don't understand that, but I do not condemn those with different views than me.

I can understand ignoring some of his boorish or offensive behavior if you truly feel that these things are peripheral, and what really matters are his policies. I don't agree with all of his policies, but reasonable people can disagree on many of his stances.

But if you support him, how do you square that with so many of his former administration officials coming to the forefront to say he is unfit for this role?

His longest serving chief of staff (4* general John Kelly)

The former chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (4* general Mark Milley)

Both of his secretaries of defense (4* general Jim Mattis; Dr. Mark Esper, former commander of Army 101st Airborne division, Chief of Staff at The Heritage Foundation, longtime GOP policy advisor)

His National Security Advisor (John Bolton)

His Vice President (Mike Pence)

Many lower-level aides (Sarah Matthews, Alyssa Farah Griffin, Cassidy Hutchinson)

And tons of others that would not go on record, but described the chaos of the White House on background.

Do none of these opinions of people who worked most closely with Trump give you pause? If that is the case, why do you find their opinions irrelevant?

Would love to hear your honest opinions, and I will not think any less of any of you for sharing (and hopefully you will not think less of me as a future Kamala voter).

I was formerly a right-leaning centrist, but Trump and what he has done to the Republican party has pushed me leftward. I find his character and infidelity to the truth completely disqualifying. That said, I have lots of family who support him, and I know lots of folks around here do, too. I don't understand that, but I do not condemn those with different views than me.

I can understand ignoring some of his boorish or offensive behavior if you truly feel that these things are peripheral, and what really matters are his policies. I don't agree with all of his policies, but reasonable people can disagree on many of his stances.

But if you support him, how do you square that with so many of his former administration officials coming to the forefront to say he is unfit for this role?

His longest serving chief of staff (4* general John Kelly)

The former chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (4* general Mark Milley)

Both of his secretaries of defense (4* general Jim Mattis; Dr. Mark Esper, former commander of Army 101st Airborne division, Chief of Staff at The Heritage Foundation, longtime GOP policy advisor)

His National Security Advisor (John Bolton)

His Vice President (Mike Pence)

Many lower-level aides (Sarah Matthews, Alyssa Farah Griffin, Cassidy Hutchinson)

And tons of others that would not go on record, but described the chaos of the White House on background.

Do none of these opinions of people who worked most closely with Trump give you pause? If that is the case, why do you find their opinions irrelevant?

Would love to hear your honest opinions, and I will not think any less of any of you for sharing (and hopefully you will not think less of me as a future Kamala voter).
Both the Democratic Party and GOP are equally scummy.

Until you set a limit of $50,000 per year salary, term limits of 2 year, and a clause saying members of congress, the senate, and executive office are barred for life from owning any investment securities other than index funds, they will always be scumbags. End of story. Trump=Harris and Harris=Trump. Neither they nor their party puppeteers give even a tiny little shit about you or the country. They want fame, money, and power.

Corporations and lobbies offer fame, money, and power in exchange for their policies.

Sorry to burst your bubble about making a positive difference. It's just a big sham.

Pick the lesser of the two evils, you say? Nope. Abstaining is a vote. It's a vote I can cast and still sleep at night.

Both the Democratic Party and GOP are equally scummy.

Until you set a limit of $50,000 per year salary, term limits of 2 year, and a clause saying members of congress, the senate, and executive office are barred for life from owning any investment securities other than index funds, they will always be scumbags. End of story. Trump=Harris and Harris=Trump. Neither they nor their party puppeteers give even a tiny little shit about you or the country. They want fame, money, and power.

Corporations and lobbies offer fame, money, and power in exchange for their policies.

Sorry to burst your bubble about making a positive difference. It's just a big sham.

Pick the lesser of the two evils, you say? Nope. Abstaining is a vote. It's a vote I can cast and still sleep at night.

But one of these candidates has former associates saying he is a dangerous choice for the country...and the other is just a standard politician. If you hate all politicians, I don't blame you, our government ain't exactly lighting it up on the scoreboard. But Trump's former high-ranking officials saying he is a danger to the country is unprecendented, this is not politics as usual. That doesn't move the needle at all for you?

No idea what Fry said since i have him blocked but while I believe everyone should participate in the election process, until we accept we've allowed our democracy to be turned into an oligarchy and take the steps to fix that, arguing about which shitty candidate is less shitty is kind of a waste of time.

Getting money out of politics and a constitutional amendment to remove the electoral college, then the ultra wealthy and the racist xenophobic homophobes pretending to be christians who think everyone not them is a commie won't be a factor and we can actually be a democracy.