Trophy Rumor

Cross your fingers on a trophy change. Iowa Corn is holding a conference call today.

Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Trophy Press Conference

Aug 23, 2011

MEDIA ADVISORY

Iowa Corn representatives along with University of Iowa and Iowa State University officials will be hosting a press conference with regard to the recently unveiled Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk trophy.

WHEN: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 2:00PM

WHERE: Iowa Corn Offices- 5505 NW 88th Street- Johnston, Iowa

CONTACT: Iowa Corn, Mindy Williamson, mwilliamson@iowacorn.org or 515-225-9242

If you are interested in joining via conference call, please notify us by 1:00PM

Cross your fingers on a trophy change. Iowa Corn is holding a conference call today.

Aug 23, 2011

MEDIA ADVISORY

Iowa Corn representatives along with University of Iowa and Iowa State University officials will be hosting a press conference with regard to the recently unveiled Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk trophy.

WHEN: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 2:00PM

WHERE: Iowa Corn Offices- 5505 NW 88th Street- Johnston, Iowa

CONTACT: Iowa Corn, Mindy Williamson, mwilliamson@iowacorn.org or 515-225-9242

If you are interested in joining via conference call, please notify us by 1:00PM

My personal guess is we are looking at about an 80% chance we are going to see a trophy change. The likelihood of them calling a press conference to defend their trophy seems very unlikely to me - that would do nothing but call more (negative) attention to themselves and offer up more fodder for fans & media alike to ostracize them (and their craptastic trophy). All the local radio shows, Sound Off, etc would just go wild...also, I wouldn't be surprised if national outlets picked up on the story either way now that they are calling an official press conference, raising the level of embarrassment even further.

That said, as previous posters have rhetorically asked - "does anyone in this entire state know anything about PR?!?" - so who knows! We can hope though...it's going to be freaking embarrassing to have this monstrosity flashed up on TV on the sidelines.

I've heard Marty make reference to "fruit loop and fatso" a few times over the past couple weeks -- a not so subtle (and very immature) dig at Miller and Deace.

Here's a scary thought. What if the new trophy is more hidious than the first one they came up with? Again we're talking about them replace their "top" pick with runner up and I have to say if that was the winner I'm a little concerned about their back up. But I'm still optimistic because I can't imagine how it could get any worse.

Ahh! Coke II sort of a move. I see what they're doing... :p

588qep7pYnuc5qitoTA7aXlOo1_400.jpg

FYI..."New Coke" is now Diet Coke with the artificial sweetener.