Trophy Rumor

Marty is a P.O.S. Calling Jon Miller a fruitloop, an idiot and screaming into the Mike that Jon should be fired. Then people call into the show calling Marty names. What does Marty say? He said quit calling me names or i will ring your neck. He can call people names but he cannot take it? Phucking hypocrite!

What choo talkn bout Willis??:confused:

When did Marty call JD a fruitloop & an idiot? Was it on the radio today?

It was on the radio a few days ago. He screamed into the mike defending the stupid new trophy. He was very irrate. He thinks he is a tough guy behind that microphone with the ability to cut people off. Marty is a puke!

The fact Iowa Corn has a press conference scheduled for tomorrow tells me they will be scratching this trophy. They have to. This has been a PR nightmare beyond imagination. No ifs, ands or buts ... they have to start over ... No way they can come out and say they are keeping this thing.

They need to keep it. Loser gets the Precious Moments Trophy. Who else in the country plays to NOT take home the trophy?

It would be the only booby prize in the BCS.

They need to keep it. Loser gets the Precious Moments Trophy. Who else in the country plays to NOT take home the trophy?

It would be the only booby prize in the BCS.

What are you talking about? There's already a booby prize in regards to this game! Win or lose, the Clones still have to call Ames their home...

It's all a big hoax anyways. Just like the NFL "lockout". FREE PR.

What better way to get tons of free PR for the Iowa Corn Growers Association then to release a bogus trophy.

For a trophy that no one else really cares about, this little stunt was social media genius.

What better way to get tons of free PR for the Iowa Corn Growers Association then to release a bogus trophy.

For a trophy that no one else really cares about, this little stunt was social media genius.

No chance...even on their best day, they couldn't have tried to come up with something so universally hated...nor could they keep it a secret...this was an unintentional windfall of free advertising.

I can promise you that this was not intentional. I am not speculating.

Ahh! Coke II sort of a move. I see what they're doing... :p

Marty is a P.O.S. Calling Jon Miller a fruitloop, an idiot and screaming into the Mike that Jon should be fired.

Fire Jon from what?? Owner of HawkeyeNation?? I don't know who Marty is as I'm from eastern Iowa, but from the sounds of it I'm thankful that I don't have to listen to him ever.

Don't get your hopes up too soon about Iowa Corn scrapping this trophy.

I expect this will just be their chance to shoot back and defend their creation and not give in to the masses.

While I dont think it is intentional, if they change it, they could back into this same effect Brian.

"They need to just suck it up and go with a trophy honoring Nile Kinnick and Jack Trice...I'm thinking, the "Trice - Kinnick Trophy" could have Trice on the left side, Kinnick on the right, with the state of Iowa between them, with Ames and Iowa City marked on it, with stalks of corn either under the state or framing the sides of it...do it Iowa Corn...just...do it!"

I stole this from the comments on Jon's article on the front page of the site...man, that Shane from Marshalltown really knows his shtuff! By the way, he'd like to know why he couldn't post a comment as HawkeyeShane despite being logged into the site...

Last edited:
Fire Jon from what?? Owner of HawkeyeNation?? I don't know who Marty is as I'm from eastern Iowa, but from the sounds of it I'm thankful that I don't have to listen to him ever.

I believe Jon and Deace have officially teamed up once again, on KXNO.

Latest posts