Trophy Rumor

Hawkfromnorwalk

Take this with the largest grain of salt you can find but Marty "Mouth of the Midwest" Tirrell is tweeting that his sources are telling him Iowa Corn is scrapping the trophy.

Take this with the largest grain of salt you can find but Marty "Mouth of the Midwest" Tirrell is tweeting that his sources are telling him Iowa Corn is scrapping the trophy.

Hopefully it's a more reliable source than his barber.....because that would be great news if true.

He also thinks they shouldn't do it. He's the only person that likes it. His tweet calls those that don't like the trophy, "Fellowship of the miserable."

Edit:When he was supporting the trophy Friday, the rumor was that he was doing so because Iowa Corn is a major sponsor of his. If this is truly the case, it would make sense that he has a source on this.

Of course they are. They have no choice. Iowa Corn has become well known to the public for all the wrong reasons.

They could save face here by giving the POS trophy to the winner of the entire (BS manufactured) Cry-Hawk series and creating a real trophy for the winner of the football game. Nobody gives a crap about the BS series. The FB game is all that matters.

Marty Tirrell is one hell of a whoring shill if he claims to like that POS just cuz his show has Iowa Corn as a sponsor.

Tirrell isn't claiming to like the trophy because of a sponsorship. He's claiming to like it because he's a **** and that's what he does.

Marty surprises me once in a while when he actaully gets something right. He tweeted about the whole Bubba Starling contract pretty early and he was questioned because nobody could find anything anywhere else. I think he got the amount slightly wrong, but I was shocked he actaully had a reliable source on it. So I guess I'm holding out hope that he has a good source on this too. But he's given out plenty of bad information over the years, so who knows

Tirrell isn't claiming to like the trophy because of a sponsorship. He's claiming to like it because he's a **** and that's what he does.

No he is claiming he likes it because of a sponsorhip. He might be a dick but he isn't stupid and knows what pays his bills and puts food on the table.

Marty surprises me once in a while when he actaully gets something right. He tweeted about the whole Bubba Starling contract pretty early and he was questioned because nobody could find anything anywhere else. I think he got the amount slightly wrong, but I was shocked he actaully had a reliable source on it. So I guess I'm holding out hope that he has a good source on this too. But he's given out plenty of bad information over the years, so who knows

Regarding Starling, there's a really good chance Tirrell simply guessed. There was about a 95% chance that Starling was going to sign with KC and if he signed it was clear the amount would be $7-9 million. Any reporter could have simply thrown out a number like Tirrell did. I think that if there was more to it than a simple guess, someone else (someone closer to the Royals organization probably) would have picked up on it.

Regarding Starling, there's a really good chance Tirrell simply guessed. There was about a 95% chance that Starling was going to sign with KC and if he signed it was clear the amount would be $7-9 million. Any reporter could have simply thrown out a number like Tirrell did. I think that if there was more to it than a simple guess, someone else (someone closer to the Royals organization probably) would have picked up on it.

Good point, and you are probably right, one of his "sources" probably guessed knowing it would be true, and Marty threw it out there. I was just hoping against hope, and now you crushed my dreams of Tirell's tweet about the trophy having merit :mad:

When I first saw that Precious Moments monstrosity my initial thought was "that thing will never see the sideline of a college football game in Iowa."

It would appear that I was correct in that assessment.

Marty is a P.O.S. Calling Jon Miller a fruitloop, an idiot and screaming into the Mike that Jon should be fired. Then people call into the show calling Marty names. What does Marty say? He said quit calling me names or i will ring your neck. He can call people names but he cannot take it? Phucking hypocrite!

Sounds as if the Iowa corn growers ***. might just change the trophy after all.
The trophy should have Nile and Jack together with a little bit of corn in the background. Now was that so hard? Oh and they should each be holding a football...

Latest posts