Tristan Wirfs - NFL All Rookie Team

WinOneThisCentury

In his first year in the league, Tristan Wirfs played every snap on offense for Tampa Bay. The Bucs ran 769 pass plays this year...Tristan Wirfs was there for all of them, and allowed 1 sack.

Think about that for a moment. Trained NFL Defensive Ends, the money position on defense, had 769 attempts to get by Wirfs and sack Brady. Only one NFL rusher in 18 games got to Brady and past Wirfs. One out of 769 tries.

That's just a remarkable stat.

Last edited:
In his first year in the league, Tristan Wirfs played every snap on offense for Tampa Bay. The Bucs ran 769 pass plays this year...Tristan Wirfs was there for all them, and allowed 1 sack.

Think about that for a moment. Trained NFL Defensive Ends, the money position on defense, had 769 attempts to get by Wirfs and sack Brady. Only one NFL rusher in 18 games got to Brady and past Wirfs. One out of 769 tries.

That's just a remarkable stat.

Allowing his QB to take them to the Super Bowl. If he's not rookie of the year, they might as well not give it out.

I wonder, if Tampa wins the Super Bowl, if he will call Tim Polesak and tell him that he had extra bonus money he didn't know he would get and that he was going to get drunk.

Mark Bortz did the same thing to Dan McCarney after winning the Super Bowl with the Bears in 1986. Only Bortz was already drunk when he called.

I wonder, if Tampa wins the Super Bowl, if he will call Tim Polesak and tell him that he had extra bonus money he didn't know he would get and that he was going to get drunk.

Mark Bortz did the same thing to Dan McCarney after winning the Super Bowl with the Bears in 1986. Only Bortz was already drunk when he called.
I was at a party where Mark Bortz and a few of his buddies were, as he was at Iowa when I was. We were all on this nice porch in the front of the house and there was a porch light on an we had a keg nearby. Well...everyone was really hammered, and Bortz was standing near the light...that was maybe 7.5 feet off the ground...and he was 6'5" or 6'6" so his head was really close. Well, in the summers, moths tend to circle the porch light...moth to a flame kind of thing. Well, Bortz starts eating them. It was hilarious...kind a King Kong kind of vibe going. It was hilarious.

Can I get a great story bro?

There's no doubt Tristan got screwed out of being named all-pro.
Didn’t even make the Pro Bowl at all, let alone all-pro.

All star teams, position awards, player of the year awards, and AP/Coaches polls are total horseshit popularity contests.

Didn’t even make the Pro Bowl at all, let alone all-pro.

All star teams, position awards, player of the year awards, and AP/Coaches polls are total horseshit popularity contests.
Given Tristan’s background and what we heard from him during his Iowa years, he likely doesn’t care.

Given Tristan’s background and what we heard from him during his Iowa years, he likely doesn’t care.
He has a chance a week from Sunday for something that Dan Marino, with all his pro bowl appearances and all pro nominations, never achieved. And in Tristan's rookie year no less.

And that's to point out just one of dozens of examples.

He has a chance a week from Sunday for something that Dan Marino, with all his pro bowl appearances and all pro nominations, never achieved. And in Tristan's rookie year no less.

Joe Thomas (Cleveland Browns). 10-time Pro Bowler/7-time 1st team All Pro left tackle and no playoff appearances. Circumstances matter.

Joe Thomas (Cleveland Browns). 10-time Pro Bowler/7-time 1st team All Pro left tackle and no playoff appearances. Circumstances matter.
Jesus.

You two are Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods when it comes to obscure sports knowledge. And I love it.

"Who are 3 people who have never been in my kitchen?" $22,000 Big Ones!

Latest posts