Trev Alberts to A&M

InGoodCo

Lol, Husker fans are shocked, confused, & pissed this morning in my office. They lost their president to Ohio State earlier this off season. That athletic department is a shit show. For as bad as we all complain, we could be on our 5th AD in 20 years and our 6th football coach in the same time frame. What a dumpster fire. Ya hate to see it.

That's a shocker! Legacy football player and loyal as they come. A Husker through and through. Until A&M backed up the Brink's truck full of money.

He's dropped some hints over the last 24 months that make me think he's not real confident about where Nebraska fits in the ultimate athletic realignment coming in the next 5-10 years. Didn't expect this, tho. Question is, how long can Iowa keep our new AD before Stanford poaches her?

He's dropped some hints over the last 24 months that make me think he's not real confident about where Nebraska fits in the ultimate athletic realignment coming in the next 5-10 years. Didn't expect this, tho. Question is, how long can Iowa keep our new AD before Stanford poaches her?
I doubt she's going to leave a B1G school for a school that's basically going to be the in the new Moutain West

Lol, Husker fans are shocked, confused, & pissed this morning in my office. They lost their president to Ohio State earlier this off season. That athletic department is a shit show. For as bad as we all complain, we could be on our 5th AD in 20 years and our 6th football coach in the same time frame. What a dumpster fire. Ya hate to see it.
What do you mean I hate to see it? .......................Nah!!

This is popcorn material here. Funny thing about this is that he's a legacy player at Nebby. That just adds to it.

Fn hilarious... Who knows what kind of bureaucratic nonsense he probably had to deal with being at Nebraska. This wasn't him looking to move up so much as just get out of there kind of move. It'd almost be funny if Barta came out of retirement to go take the Neb job. Wonder how that would go over haha

What do you mean I hate to see it? .......................Nah!!

This is popcorn material here. Funny thing about this is that he's a legacy player at Nebby. That just adds to it.
oh yeah, that was sarcasm bro. Their fanbase is currently melting down and I am here for it

Maybe TAM wants someone familiar with the Big Ten because they want to exit the SEC?
What's even funnier is TAM fans aren't crazy about the hire either they think he's too small potatoes for them. What can be better then that? One move creates 2 unhappy fanbases. Pretty awesome from where I'm sitting.

This whole thing is like a bad comedian complaining about the mime that was the opening act.

Is there any greater farce of an athletic program than A&M? For all of their money, tradition, pomp and circumstances, anyone seen relevant trophies in their lifetime? They are K-State, but they happen to be located in Texas, so they think they are something. They aint.

Nebbie. What a dumpster fire. Think Rhule gonna stick around much longer given that he will have two new bosses? If he gets 8 wins this season, expect to see him fielding offers for better jobs.

Maybe Hoiberg too. Fan support and low expectations aren't compelling reasons to forgo a better job.

Nebraska has become the Purdue of the Big10. People view working there as a stepping stone. Ha ha.

This whole thing is like a bad comedian complaining about the mime that was the opening act.

Is there any greater farce of an athletic program than A&M? For all of their money, tradition, pomp and circumstances, anyone seen relevant trophies in their lifetime? They are K-State, but they happen to be located in Texas, so they think they are something. They aint.

Nebbie. What a dumpster fire. Think Rhule gonna stick around much longer given that he will have two new bosses? If he gets 8 wins this season, expect to see him fielding offers for better jobs.

Maybe Hoiberg too. Fan support and low expectations aren't compelling reasons to forgo a better job.

Nebraska has become the Purdue of the Big10. People view working there as a stepping stone. Ha ha.

Heard on the Dan Patrick show coming in that A&M is pumping in 80 mil to upgrade their baseball stadium. 80 mil!! Yea, they have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

As you point out, weird they haven't had more championships or become that blue blood. I agree, just because they are in Texas and have $$$ they think they are the chit. They have never proved it.

BTW, it was so enjoyable listening to local radio in Omaha. The Bugeaters were on a rollercoaster because the rumor was that Nebbie was going to match or otherwise try to sway him to stay, and because the announcement took forever, the talking heads were sure that they were going to negotiate a deal and keep him. Nope.

There is nothing better than a day where Nebbie fans' hearts are broken once and then once again all in the same day.

BTW, it was so enjoyable listening to local radio in Omaha. The Bugeaters were on a rollercoaster because the rumor was that Nebbie was going to match or otherwise try to sway him to stay, and because the announcement took forever, the talking heads were sure that they were going to negotiate a deal and keep him. Nope.

There is nothing better than a day where Nebbie fans' hearts are broken once and then once again all in the same day.

I think they may have realized that a small part of his decision was about the $$$$. I think the state politics played into it and including a potential lawsuit he may be involved in with a former girl basketball player and women's assistant coach.

I think they may have realized that a small part of his decision was about the $$$$. I think the state politics played into it and including a potential lawsuit he may be involved in with a former girl basketball player and women's assistant coach.
I don't think it was money or the Title IX suit or state politics. I thinks he sees that A&M has near limitless resources to devote to athletics and the coming wars of major college athletics will be a war of attrition. Despite the robust support for Nebraska athletics from the fans, Nebraska does not have the rocks to win that type of rock fight. It is a lower end institution in terms of size, prestige and money in the Big 10. Its overall student population has been shrinking and the budgets are certainly not going up across campus. Nebbie's president and his boss (and they were friends too) was just lured away by a bigger player in the conference. The record over the last 15 years in the conference is that Nebbie just does not have the resources to be a big player in this conference. The Aggies, for all of their fake success, can match the resources and dedication to sports of just about anyone.

This is not a lateral move. Far from it. Nebbie fans may not want to admit that, but its just true.

Latest posts