Tressel couldn't wait 1 more day??

HawkPrdatr40

I'm sorry but am I the only one who finds it highly disrespectful to make announcement like this on Memorial Day. What a self center D-bag.

No. By this time tomorrow, the SI article will be out and it will have all hit the fan. Last week probably would have been the time to do it, but tomorrow simply wasn't an option.

Did he make an announcement or release a statement?

I've seen reports from the media and from OSU. Haven't seen anything from Tressel yet.

But how is a guy a self centered D-bag if the Columbus Dispatch and ESPN breaks a story about him being forced to resign?

Unless something has happened in the last few minutes, Tressel hasn't spoken a word about this topic today.

If he waits for tomorrow to speak, it seems that he is the one being respectful. At this point, it appears he's the only one not talking about it today.

I'm out but again today isn't the day to be making announcements like this. Somebody leaked it and that speaks volumes to me on what type of program and institution that is. Sad!!

I'm sorry but am I the only one who finds it highly disrespectful to make announcement like this on Memorial Day. What a self center D-bag.

What the flock? Tressel had nothing to do with the announcement. Again, somebody who is clueless when it comes to the facts makes a stupid, ignorant statement.

Tressel was on vacation in Florida. He was ordered back to Columbus yesterday & encouraged to resign. Something big is coming down. The SI article on the car mess will be released tomorrow or the next day. I guess, it isn't pretty & relates to Tressel's problems with the NCAA at Youngtowns State. Based on the material that is in SI's investigation, Ohio State had no choice but to release Tressel.

I've only heard rumors & innuendo, but something big is coming down. Most employers would not order an employee home from vacation, unless something very crucial was about to occur.

Tressel was on vacation in Florida. Out of professional courtesy the SI reporter gave OSU a 24 hr. heads up on the bad news in his article. The news was so bad they called Tressel in Florida and he jump on a plane to Ohio so he could resign a day ahead of the SI article. I just wondering what news is so bad that he had to resign today instead of later?

I'm out but again today isn't the day to be making announcements like this. Somebody leaked it and that speaks volumes to me on what type of program and institution that is. Sad!!

I agree, this should have waited until tomorrow but I'm not surprised they released it today. It just fits with how OSU has handled this whole situation. Just one embarrassment after another.

This stuff happens all the time. They want to release this stuff when the least eyeballs are on it.

Agreed. Most bad news gets released either on a late Friday afternoon or on a holiday.

However, this was probably more of an OSU-chosen timing than Tressell's.

I fail to see how this is disrespectful. At least not anymore than McDonalds, gas stations, or any other businesses being open. Life doesn't stop because of the holiday.

What the flock? Tressel had nothing to do with the announcement. Again, somebody who is clueless when it comes to the facts makes a stupid, ignorant statement.

Tressel has everything to do with this announcement. He put himself in this situations to begin with.

Tressel was on vacation in Florida. He was ordered back to Columbus yesterday & encouraged to resign. Something big is coming down. The SI article on the car mess will be released tomorrow or the next day. I guess, it isn't pretty & relates to Tressel's problems with the NCAA at Youngtowns State. Based on the material that is in SI's investigation, Ohio State had no choice but to release Tressel.

Like I also said earlier. "speaks volumes to me on what type of program and institution that is".

I've only heard rumors & innuendo, but something big is coming down. Most employers would not order an employee home from vacation, unless something very crucial was about to occur.

The only reason he was called back was for the others to maybe save there damn jobs. Seriously you really think something out of the blue came up? I have that hard to believe.

Ohio State appears to be a complete and utter mess for having to pull this off today. JOKE!!!

Last edited:
Those that understand the meaning of today know where I'm coming from. Those that don't respond like Twill.

Don't worry. I know the "meaning of today". Apparently it's not disrespectful for you to get your panties all twisted on Memorial Day. Salute!

Latest posts