Travis and Tim KXNO Fail

Murph & Andy are fine. It's a non-drive time part of the day and that time slot is more conducive to a "buffet" of topics....both sports and non-sports.

You're right, though, that Miller is the lone bright spot on an otherwise horrible radio station.

Murph and Andy are bad for a sports station. They are decent radio talents they just don't give a crap about sports, it almost seems an inconvenience to them to have to discuss it.

They have a segment where they talk to a woman about clothes and makeup. Its like someone dared them to do the most brazenly absurd topic for a sports station they could think of and they accepted the challenge.

The closest they come to talking about sports is whining about steroids every other day.

Murph and Andy are bad for a sports station. They are decent radio talents they just don't give a crap about sports, it almost seems an inconvenience to them to have to discuss it.

They have a segment where they talk to a woman about clothes and makeup. Its like someone dared them to do the most brazenly absurd topic for a sports station they could think of and they accepted the challenge.

The closest they come to talking about sports is whining about steroids every other day.

They also have a weekly movie review segment and several other shcticks like music trivia. Not bad entertainment, just not good sports radio.

I thought he acted fine....it was his sidekick (Geoff Cohn?) that was always slobbering all over himself. But at least we got to hear coaches.

In fact, I remember a time when Cotlar had the Iowa assistants on a rotation each Friday before gameday. I thought it was awesome to be able to hear from one of the coordinators or a position coach. Now I have to hear from the CEO of the Iowa Speedway or whoever the coach is for freaking Grandview.

I never thought in a million years that I would miss Cotlar, but I miss that segamant. Doesn't he have a show on in the middle of the day with Andy Garman on 1700?

So I tuned in at 7:20 on the way to work expecting to hear some talk about football. I was certain that they would be talking about at least one local game...

Instead they were doing their stupid penalty box segment and promoting a very special guest at 7:40. I was sure it would be Ferentz or Rhodes or anyone dealing remotely with football.

Tuned in at 7:40 for.... Ashley Judd? To talk politics? WTF!!!! Who are these guys?

Time for Sirius/XM;)

I gots no good sports radio in the Outer Rim. When T&T are unlistenable, which is most days, I usually set my iHeart Radio app to KFAN's The Power Trip. It's just a little more sports, but it is more entertaining.

Just what I want on the drive to work, local sports talk radio giving me the Vote 4 Obama or your racist guilt trip.

That channel was on in my car for about 3.2 seconds, and will never go back at that time slot.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR30knJs4Xk"]TNT AC/DC with lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

Don't hate appreciate.

TNT 4 life!

I want local sports in AM but it is basically unbearable. I wish KXNO would make a switch, Miller and Deace did a very good show in that time slot. They talked local sports and national when topical and offered intelligent and insightful conversation. Really miss their show.

I'm sure they're nice guys but they just don't quite deliver. Very amateur (putting Rusty Wallace on the spot for a contest that was pushing it, I doubt he was real happy about that off the air/Completely racist segment/don't know when to stop with personal antecdotes)

Travis might be a good sidekick for a guy like Ken Miller. Seems like he would be a good time off the air but nothing very constructive from him. Seems kind of like the dirty old man who tries a little too hard. MVC bball is his forte but no one cares about it

Tim just doesn't seem like a true sports guy. No real area of expertise and no life/athletic experiences from the sounds of it (I think sometimes he makes things up to sound cool and says damn and hell for effect)

The producer is kind of a holier than thou blowhard conservative but does make the show a little more interesting at times. More knowledgable than either.

Wow, that was kind of scathing and long...definitely comes up at my workplace a lot for those of us that try to give it a listen.

You can't talk about something you know nothing about.

Maybe Miller and Deace could at least come in on Friday mornings during the football season. Come on, Jon, take one for the team. 2 hours of Hawkeye and Cyclone (trying to be fair) talk the day before the games - oh, yeah. I'm in. Make it happen.

Could bring in Miller, I wouldn't listen to Deace.

I live out of market but I know it's hard to find good personalities. Many who have actual talent are looking for some bigger market than Des Moines, especially since the radio companies have become so cheap in the last couple decades, they generally aren't paying Des Moines talent squat. But yes, they should easily find someone who will at least talk about local teams. Talking to Ashley Judd on a sports station the friday before college football starts is unacceptable. :confused:

Here's where you're wrong, Travis and Tim don't do sports radio. That is unless we're talking Iowa Speedway or Drake/Grandview.

I'll listen to just about anything if it involves local sports. I thought Cotler was bad. My apologies to the Cotman for all the crap I threw his way because at least he talked sports and had guests on.

Spot on. They have a hard *n for the Iowa Speedway guy. They truly are horrible. My bad for flipping them on in the morning. I think just out of habit and I like to hear talk radio versus music when I first get going in the morning.

Latest posts