Travis and Tim KXNO Fail

But the running backs!!!!

And they did win a BCS game last year, so that makes them virtually unbeatable this year. I guess KF should call T&T in the morning to find out how Hawks can win more than 2 games next year, because this season has no hope.

Really he needs to call the register because T&T get their talking points directly from the hawk articles in the reg.

It's pretty mind blowing that in a market driven by college football, we have so many media members who know so little about college football. Ken Miller is the exception, although he hates Iowa this year too.

It's pretty mind blowing that in a market driven by college football, we have so many media members who know so little about college football. Ken Miller is the exception, although he hates Iowa this year too.

That really doesn't bother me, and I can see why people would be down on Iowa. But continually mentioning that NIU won 10 games last year and has the longest win streak in the country and using that as the reason why you think Iowa will lose is just lazy.

I'd rather listen to Rush Limbaugh than to these two no-talent @$$ clowns.

And I despise Rush Limbaugh.

I usually tune into NPR for the few minutes of morning talk radio time I get. Every once in a while I switch to KXNO to see if Lee Sterling or some such sh#t is on. I would say that 99% of the time I switch right back to NPR.

That really doesn't bother me, and I can see why people would be down on Iowa. But continually mentioning that NIU won 10 games last year and has the longest win streak in the country and using that as the reason why you think Iowa will lose is just lazy.

I agree, it could be a rough season. But T&T clearly do very little prep for college football. I've stopped listening for the most part, but I want to hear local sports talk radio in the morning. Unfortunately, we don't have a real option in Des Moines anymore.

I talk to Cotlar from time to time, he's really a very knowledgeable man when it comes to sports, especially college football and MLB. KXNO would be way better had they not kneejerk fired him.

Morons.

I talk to Cotlar from time to time, he's really a very knowledgeable man when it comes to sports, especially college football and MLB. KXNO would be way better had they not kneejerk fired him.

Morons.

KXNO could have been a sportstalk dynasty had they not kneejerked themselves right in the face on a lot of things.

Does anyone listen to 1490 in the morning? I listened for a little while a few mornings ago but it wasn't much better. McDermott that does the show on 1700 with Tirrell had somebody on making football predictions, and the guy was predicting Iowa and Iowa State's records but had no idea what their schedules were. I have no doubt I could start up my internet radio talk show and be better than the clowns in this market.

Cotlar had his problems, including being the biggest softball interviewer anywhere. That said I'd still rather hear him lob softballs to coaches as opposed to hear random babbling.

That said the way Cotlar would act when he got Karen K on the show was borderline disturbing.

I didn't listen today, but tuned in yesterday for one last shot to see if, now that football season is upon us that they'd talk football. I got in the car at 7am and here is what I heard:

1. 20 minutes of talk with some dude from the Iowa Speedway. Before they went to break, they said stay tuned for football talk.

2. When they came back, the "football talk" was Drake/Grandview and they had the coaches on from both schools. That lasted the remaining 40 minutes.

That was it. From 7am to 8am, the peak "drive time" there wasn't a single mention of either Iowa or Iowa State.

I can't, for the life of me, understand how these guys last. They don't appear to understand football and don't even appear to be fans of football. I just don't get it.

I second the guy that said he was sorry for bashing Cotlar in the past. I used to not be able to stand Cotlar either, but at least he talked football during football season and had decent guests on. KXNO is a shell of its former self and it's pretty sad that in a market like Des Moines we can't get a morning show that talks Hawkeye or Cyclone football. Actually, it's not sad, it's just pathetic. Management of that station should be ashamed of themselves for putting out this product to it's customers.

Well said, I do listen in during my daily commute because I, like so many others, am craving local football talk badly but I'm consistently blown away by how terrible these guys are. I'm not even picky, just give me some X's and O's or some kind of breakdown about the local games and the college football goings on in general. Nothing is ever fact based or anlytical it's just two blundering idiots talking about, well, nothing......

It's hard enough to find quality sports talk in major markets. Just because someone talks sports does not make it good. If the guys are as bad as you all state and know little about college football why would you want them to discuss it and be bad at it.

College football talk is OK from time to time but I don't want to hear that much about it. 670 the score out of Chicago had a college football round table on Wednesday night from 10 - 11. It was decent but 1 hour was not enough to cover some of the top programs in the country, Illinois, Northwestern, and a few bits of some of the other big 10 teams.

Last fall every Friday night 670 the score had Dinardo host a show from 10 - 11 I think which was pretty decent.

670 rarely does much college football coverage but no one really wants to talk about it much. People prefer Bears, Cubs, Bulls, Sox, and Blackhawks talk.

Cotlar had his problems, including being the biggest softball interviewer anywhere. That said I'd still rather hear him lob softballs to coaches as opposed to hear random babbling.

That said the way Cotlar would act when he got Karen K on the show was borderline disturbing.

I thought he acted fine....it was his sidekick (Geoff Cohn?) that was always slobbering all over himself. But at least we got to hear coaches.

In fact, I remember a time when Cotlar had the Iowa assistants on a rotation each Friday before gameday. I thought it was awesome to be able to hear from one of the coordinators or a position coach. Now I have to hear from the CEO of the Iowa Speedway or whoever the coach is for freaking Grandview.

I thought he acted fine....it was his sidekick (Geoff Cohn?) that was always slobbering all over himself. But at least we got to hear coaches.

In fact, I remember a time when Cotlar had the Iowa assistants on a rotation each Friday before gameday. I thought it was awesome to be able to hear from one of the coordinators or a position coach. Now I have to hear from the CEO of the Iowa Speedway or whoever the coach is for freaking Grandview.

It was embarrasing when the Cot man didn't know if the coaches he had on were offensive or defensive assistants until half way through the interview, though.

Ken Miller is the only one on KXNO that belongs on the radio in Des Moines.

People say that its hard to do a radio show about sports but my god I can't imagine anyone doing it worse than T&T and Murph n Andy is almost as bad.

You could go to any sports bar, eves drop on just about any drunken conversation concerning college football and it would be more compelling than t&t or murph n andy.

Ken Miller is the only one on KXNO that belongs on the radio in Des Moines.

People say that its hard to do a radio show about sports but my god I can't imagine anyone doing it worse than T&T and Murph n Andy is almost as bad.

You could go to any sports bar, eves drop on just about any drunken conversation concerning college football and it would be more compelling than t&t or murph n andy.

Murph & Andy are fine. It's a non-drive time part of the day and that time slot is more conducive to a "buffet" of topics....both sports and non-sports.

You're right, though, that Miller is the lone bright spot on an otherwise horrible radio station.

Latest posts