Travis and Tim KXNO Fail

shaver363

So I tuned in at 7:20 on the way to work expecting to hear some talk about football. I was certain that they would be talking about at least one local game...

Instead they were doing their stupid penalty box segment and promoting a very special guest at 7:40. I was sure it would be Ferentz or Rhodes or anyone dealing remotely with football.

Tuned in at 7:40 for.... Ashley Judd? To talk politics? WTF!!!! Who are these guys?

You can't talk about something you know nothing about.

Maybe Miller and Deace could at least come in on Friday mornings during the football season. Come on, Jon, take one for the team. 2 hours of Hawkeye and Cyclone (trying to be fair) talk the day before the games - oh, yeah. I'm in. Make it happen.

Some guy doesn't like a sports radio host?

Compelling insight.

Here's where you're wrong, Travis and Tim don't do sports radio. That is unless we're talking Iowa Speedway or Drake/Grandview.

I'll listen to just about anything if it involves local sports. I thought Cotler was bad. My apologies to the Cotman for all the crap I threw his way because at least he talked sports and had guests on.

Thanks for your wisdom

I believe the management has asked that threads that are funny and distracting be placed in a separate forum, so as not to distract teh srs sports discussions.

I'm just trying to help out, like an over-zealous hall monitor.

I tuned in this morning for the first time in weeks because I'm fired up for tomorrow and wanted to hear some talk about the game. Tim said that he expects both Iowa and ISU to lose, Travis said he expects Iowa State to win and Iowa to lose. The only reason they gave is that Iowa can't run the football. It was a good reminder they have no idea what they are talking about, so I went back to satellite radio to listen to real sports talk.

I tuned in this morning for the first time in weeks because I'm fired up for tomorrow and wanted to hear some talk about the game. Tim said that he expects both Iowa and ISU to lose, Travis said he expects Iowa State to win and Iowa to lose. The only reason they gave is that Iowa can't run the football. It was a good reminder they have no idea what they are talking about, so I went back to satellite radio to listen to real sports talk.

Never understood the Iowa hate they have for the NIU game. Apparently they don't realize NIU lost a ton too.

I understand people thinking ISU will lose, and I'm an ISU fan. I cannot fathom why anybody thinks Iowa will lose. The Hawks roll in this one.

I understand people thinking ISU will lose, and I'm an ISU fan. I cannot fathom why anybody thinks Iowa will lose. The Hawks roll in this one.

I think both teams roll this weekend. ISU is in a great spot, an underdog at home against Tulsa will give them all the motivation they need to make a statement. If weather isn't too much of a factor in Chicago, I have a good feeling that the Hawks will win by double digits. Travis is kind of an idiot, but Tim is beyond clueless.

I believe the management has asked that threads that are funny and distracting be placed in a separate forum, so as not to distract teh srs sports discussions.

Another "fail" for you. Trying to play hall monitor here is like...trying to play hall monitor here.

Ashley Judd? Is she the fat one who always seems to be feuding with another family member, or the one with the hoodlum dad and once had an acting career?

Dude, don't you know Northern Illinois has the longest win streak in the nation?

I didn't listen today, but tuned in yesterday for one last shot to see if, now that football season is upon us that they'd talk football. I got in the car at 7am and here is what I heard:

1. 20 minutes of talk with some dude from the Iowa Speedway. Before they went to break, they said stay tuned for football talk.

2. When they came back, the "football talk" was Drake/Grandview and they had the coaches on from both schools. That lasted the remaining 40 minutes.

That was it. From 7am to 8am, the peak "drive time" there wasn't a single mention of either Iowa or Iowa State.

I can't, for the life of me, understand how these guys last. They don't appear to understand football and don't even appear to be fans of football. I just don't get it.

I second the guy that said he was sorry for bashing Cotlar in the past. I used to not be able to stand Cotlar either, but at least he talked football during football season and had decent guests on. KXNO is a shell of its former self and it's pretty sad that in a market like Des Moines we can't get a morning show that talks Hawkeye or Cyclone football. Actually, it's not sad, it's just pathetic. Management of that station should be ashamed of themselves for putting out this product to it's customers.

I didn't listen today, but tuned in yesterday for one last shot to see if, now that football season is upon us that they'd talk football. I got in the car at 7am and here is what I heard:

1. 20 minutes of talk with some dude from the Iowa Speedway. Before they went to break, they said stay tuned for football talk.

2. When they came back, the "football talk" was Drake/Grandview and they had the coaches on from both schools. That lasted the remaining 40 minutes.

That was it. From 7am to 8am, the peak "drive time" there wasn't a single mention of either Iowa or Iowa State.

I can't, for the life of me, understand how these guys last. They don't appear to understand football and don't even appear to be fans of football. I just don't get it.

I second the guy that said he was sorry for bashing Cotlar in the past. I used to not be able to stand Cotlar either, but at least he talked football during football season and had decent guests on. KXNO is a shell of its former self and it's pretty sad that in a market like Des Moines we can't get a morning show that talks Hawkeye or Cyclone football. Actually, it's not sad, it's just pathetic. Management of that station should be ashamed of themselves for putting out this product to it's customers.

+1

Is there a boring attempts to be contradictory forum?

Dude, don't you know Northern Illinois has the longest win streak in the nation?

Oh yeah, that's right! I should have never doubted T&T's infinite wisdom. I'm sure they'll have us losing to ISU by 3 touchdowns because Leonard Johnson might make an NFL team this year.

Oh yeah, that's right! I should have never doubted T&T's infinite wisdom. I'm sure they'll have us losing to ISU by 3 touchdowns because Leonard Johnson might make an NFL team this year.

Don't you know ISU beat Iowa last year? Obviously they're going to beat Iowa this year.