Transfers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coach Lickliter is just purging the crack heads, criminals and cry babies from the program. Alford did his best to destroy Iowa basketball. Much like Moses led the Hebrew people out of Egypt, Coach Lickliter is leading the Iowa players to the promised land. This is it! Go Hawks!

Coach Lickliter is just purging the crack heads, criminals and cry babies from the program. Alford did his best to destroy Iowa basketball. Much like Moses led the Hebrew people out of Egypt, Coach Lickliter is leading the Iowa players to the promised land. This is it! Go Hawks!

Alford didn't destroy Iowa basketball as much as some people want to blame him for it. He actually knew how to win games and recruit, unlike the coach we have now who can't do either...

The only place Lick is leading Iowa players right now is to the crapper.

Matt Gatens isn't going anywhere! Coach may lose a few more and who cares if we do??? They don't deserve to be a Hawkeye! We'll be better off without them! I'm standing by Coach Lickliter and whoever wants to be a Hawk! It's not easy to win at Iowa, we don't have the facilities like Coach Lickliter had at Butler. Just need to be patient and by 2013 Iowa will be back in the NCAA's. Go Hawks!

I truly hope this is sarcasm. It seems like there are very few players who want to be Hawkeyes these days.. That's a problem. We'll be better off without them? Were you saying that a year ago when four players left the team? Sure seems like we miss them this year!!!

I don't know what is more annoying about this Turniptruck/KenOKeefe4Prez/RalphMacchio's act; The fact that while funny at first, it is already getting annoying, or the fact that so many people keep taking it seriously even as he makes more and more absurd statements.

If they start leaving again it is time to find another coach - end of story. Athletic director is not stupid enough to leave it be if this happens. Nice guy but if it isn't working, time to move on.

Agreed. If somebody like Brommer transfers who does not play and is not contributing, that is one thing. But if we lose more players that are important to the team, then I agree that Lickliter has to go. We can't keep starting over every single year and expect to ever get anywhere as a program. Nobody has left yet, but if the rumors pan out, that will be 3 straight years with transfers. When does the "coaching change fallout" end? That should have ended after about the first year IMO. Not year 3 or beyond.

If players keep transfering,we will start to lose scholarships by NCAA rules. That is not what we need.

Not 100% true. If the person wanting to transfer (see: Peterson, Palmer, Kelly) finishes the semester at the school and then transfers to another college in good standing, it doesn't hurt Iowa at all.

Ohio State is down two schollies because of Oden and Koufas dropping out in the 2nd semester.

Last edited:
I know Brommer's name has been mentioned for much of the year re: the possibility of transferring, and though Fuller has apparenlty been injured (which is even news to me), he is really getting no playing time, so I can see those two considering, but beyond that, should more be considering or end up transferring this program is in big trouble!

Girl you so crazy

Does it really matter? Iowa will find a way to field a team no matter what happens and no matter who is on it they should be able to perform at the level they are now anyway.

Transfer to where? Their that good? Maybe they should transfer to Subway U. The players that are considering transferring must really think they have some hidden talent some other coach can bring out of them. Its not like we have a Wesley Johnson that we'd lose. Maybe just maybe they need to concentrate on fundamentals: passing, rebounding,defense and shooting. Man I'm getting myself worked up, or how about gritting your teeth and getting to work on how to become a better basketball player? When things get tough you'd think the players would bond and get an attitude of us against the world instead it sounds like they are saying this is too much, i'm gonna take my ball and go somewhere else. Sounds whiny and cry babyish to me.

So it sounds like essentially what you are saying is that year after year, we have the same coach, but different players, and the players keep transferring. To you, although the coach is the one constant in the whole thing, it is always the players' fault because they have a poor attitude, poor work ethic, etc. I don't buy that.

Besides, Lickliter recruited these players. If they are like that, then it's own fault for not recruiting players with more character. I thought Lickliter has "his guys" on the team now that Alford's players are gone? Players that "fit the system" and "want to be Hawkeyes"?

Just wondering why we don't get any Junior College transfers to fill in some voids till the recruits pay off?

I thought we tried that after last season's transfers (Armstead was one prospect IIRC), and there was no interest, apparently. I don't think he even gave us a visit. There was another player people were talking about, whose name I don't remember, who also didn't seem to have much interest in playing for us.

Bottom line: We tried going JUCO, and failed.

Juco's aren't the "Butler Way"
Do take transfers though. One of the most important cogs in the Butler success under Lick and Stevens was Mike Green, who played two years at Towson beforing transferring to Butler. So let's start searching the small schools for impact players who would like to transfer.

Do take transfers though. One of the most important cogs in the Butler success under Lick and Stevens was Mike Green, who played two years at Towson beforing transferring to Butler. So let's start searching the small schools for impact players who would like to transfer.

I agree Lick should do this, since it seems Licks players are only going to stick around for a couple of years might as well get someone with college experience for the same number of years.

let them all transfer and get that worthless coach out of town. We have not 1 good player not 1. None of them would even sit on anyone elses bench in the BIG Ten. our basketball team is a complete joke and its because of terrible coaching and recruiting the last 10 years. The reason why Brommer and others cant get any better is because you cant shine a tird, you just can't. And all of our players are tirds. They stink. I can get 5 guys off the street and whip our starters butts. I seriously know a 12 year old that is better then anyone on our team. there is not 1 athelete on our team not one. nobody can dribble drive and penetrate at all. Or jump, or shoot, or rebound. its pathetic. i for one will not watch another game as long as Lick is our coach and we have terrible players like we have. young or not they stink

let them all transfer and get that worthless coach out of town. We have not 1 good player not 1. None of them would even sit on anyone elses bench in the BIG Ten. our basketball team is a complete joke and its because of terrible coaching and recruiting the last 10 years. The reason why Brommer and others cant get any better is because you cant shine a tird, you just can't. And all of our players are tirds. They stink. I can get 5 guys off the street and whip our starters butts. I seriously know a 12 year old that is better then anyone on our team. there is not 1 athelete on our team not one. nobody can dribble drive and penetrate at all. Or jump, or shoot, or rebound. its pathetic. i for one will not watch another game as long as Lick is our coach and we have terrible players like we have. young or not they stink
This my friends is why having unregulated posting of opinions and thoughts on the world wide web is very stupid.
The industrial floor grinders I sell couldn't touch this "tird".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts