transfer porthole or lack of

What's with Iowa going after a TE transfer? They not pleased with Lachey/Yelvertons development? Iowa didn't lose one and have one coming in with this recruiting class so I'm just curious with the why. They've offered another TE transfer as well.
I thought they lost 2 TEs to the portal Miamen and somebody else.

I thought they lost 2 TEs to the portal Miamen and somebody else.
I forgot about Miamen already. Yeah that'd be one spot I don't remember losing another though. That'd make 6 spots. Laporta, Lachey, Yelverton, Miamons spot, with Ostrenga and Vanderbush coming in. I think they have 2 or maybe even 3 others not sure if any of them are on scholarships or not I don't remember/ know who any of them are. So I assume bringing in a transfer would make it 6 of them on scholly?

Last edited:
Is there any room in that building that is so deep and so good that we would not take a quality transfer to build depth? I think folks forget that we recruit every position every year and a new class of kids comes in to compete for starting roles on this team. I just don't see the angle that taking a transfer is somehow an affront to the existing players on the team. Competition breeds success.

Is there any room in that building that is so deep and so good that we would not take a quality transfer to build depth? I think folks forget that we recruit every position every year and a new class of kids comes in to compete for starting roles on this team. I just don't see the angle that taking a transfer is somehow an affront to the existing players on the team. Competition breeds success.
QB. I mean if we got a transfer everyone else would transfer out and would put Iowa back 20 years and there is no way we would ever be able to recover from it because I mean no other school brings in transfer QBs. Since were not a blueblood and no other non bluebloods ever bring in transfer Qbs just be a terrible idea. Or that is what fryowa says. That literally might be the stupidest take ive ever heard. And all his reply back to me will be about something I misspelled.

QB. I mean if we got a transfer everyone else would transfer out and would put Iowa back 20 years and there is no way we would ever be able to recover from it because I mean no other school brings in transfer QBs. Since were not a blueblood and no other non bluebloods ever bring in transfer Qbs just be a terrible idea. Or that is what fryowa says. That literally might be the stupidest take ive ever heard. And all his reply back to me will be about something I misspelled.
So this is sarcasm, right? :)