Transfer portal

I heard a rumor the entire Oklahoma St team was thinking of quitting and entering the portal after game 4.

Game 4 is kind of the key game if you have not yet redshirted.

Hear me out...the next evolution of the transfer portal is this. A bunch of guys get together and make an "offensive or defensive package". For the low low fee of $$$, you can have your very own turn key offense. You can choose your package based on the style of offense or defense you'd like to run.
If you like some pieces you already have in place, you can opt for the o-line package.
"Do you dream of protecting your QB with the likes of Orlando Pace, Larry Allen, or Tyler Linderbaum? Then do we have an offer for you! (No guarantee that players will play like Orlando Pace, Larry Allen, or Tyler Linderbaum)
Someone want to organize this? It's a gold mine the likes of which haven't been seen since Trebek produced the "Pen Is Mightier"

Hear me out...the next evolution of the transfer portal is this. A bunch of guys get together and make an "offensive or defensive package". For the low low fee of $$$, you can have your very own turn key offense. You can choose your package based on the style of offense or defense you'd like to run.
If you like some pieces you already have in place, you can opt for the o-line package.
"Do you dream of protecting your QB with the likes of Orlando Pace, Larry Allen, or Tyler Linderbaum? Then do we have an offer for you! (No guarantee that players will play like Orlando Pace, Larry Allen, or Tyler Linderbaum)
Someone want to organize this? It's a gold mine the likes of which haven't been seen since Trebek produced the "Pen Is Mightier"

Will never happen.

Will never happen.
Oh, I think it will happen, likely sooner rather than later. I doubt that it will expand beyond position groups, but there's no reason to think an OLine, or DLine, or WR group of recruits won't get together to make some serious cash. A lot of the best players know each other from camps over the years, and with social media they'll know who's offered who, and there's no reason NOT for a group of 5-star OLinemen or some other position group to get together from across the nation and demand top dollar.
And more than one school will stand in line ready to pay. In fact, it's likely a much better deal for boosters than dealing with individual players, who may get hurt and then you've got nothing to show for it. You'll pay more for a group, but you'd get more of a guaranteed outcome for the money -- and that's what it's all about these days.

I’m not going to touch the ridiculousness of the transfer portal voyage you guys are on, but will pose the question…what does it matter? This coach is the most inflexible in the history of college football. He isn’t interested in changing anything midseason. Even changing anything in a year is a real battle for him. He’s on record not being all that interested in recruiting. His whole thing is practicing with who he has & getting incrementally better over time through “working hard”. It’s never been a talent or even x & o thing for him. It’s essentially sucked the fun out of a once proud program. The appeal is to walk-ons & hard working defenders. Offense is simply a necessary evil

I’m not going to touch the ridiculousness of the transfer portal voyage you guys are on, but will pose the question…what does it matter? This coach is the most inflexible in the history of college football. He isn’t interested in changing anything midseason. Even changing anything in a year is a real battle for him. He’s on record not being all that interested in recruiting. His whole thing is practicing with who he has & getting incrementally better over time through “working hard”. It’s never been a talent or even x & o thing for him. It’s essentially sucked the fun out of a once proud program. The appeal is to walk-ons & hard working defenders. Offense is simply a necessary evil

Well, I don't blame him here as a coach can't really overhaul an offense and change total philosophy mid season. But, I do think he has failed to adjust in the offseason when given the chance. This team is typecast now going on 25 years of running the same thing. It is really showing now as teams know how to defend them. They aren't the bullies of the BIG 10 now which was their big advantage years ago. Also, having stud TE's can only carry a team so far.

This weekend in the NFL really showed how speed kills in an overall game. See Miami, etc.. This is so true and Iowa lacks in team speed dept. really bad. This showed on Saturday against a top notch opponent, even with our defenders.

I heard a rumor the entire Oklahoma St team was thinking of quitting and entering the portal after game 4.

Game 4 is kind of the key game if you have not yet redshirted.
Yeah I'd seen same wild rumor too.. MSU as well has had rumblings about their group. Wouldn't that be nuts if a school had 20-30 kids jump ship at the same time mid season? That sort of shit show would certainly lead to some rule changes. If a program damn near has to shut it down due to not enough players that'd be insane. But the NCAA has painted everyone into this corner so it's a possibility

He's no longer listed on the official roster. Probably an example of someone who was buried on the depth chart and did not see a path to playing time. There will be more, for sure. Best of luck to him.

He's no longer listed on the official roster. Probably an example of someone who was buried on the depth chart and did not see a path to playing time. There will be more, for sure. Best of luck to him.
Yeah the couple new TEs Iowa just got in this yrs class are probably gonna leap frog him. Hoffman seems legit. No reason to worry about Iowas TE room.

I would suspect a LB and RB or even 2 of each might be on the move. We need the space for the scholly situation and we need to be able to bring in another QB and WR preferably. If we're being greedy another corner wouldn't hurt either.

Regarding the D-backfield, I'm not sure Parker is looking for another CB....at the end of spring practice he named several backups who he mentioned had made real progress and were coming on. He talked about the progress of that group more than any other.

Latest posts