Transfer portal

iloveyoularrystation

I see Michigan State has 3 running backs, 2 wrs, in the transfer portal. Also not surprising half of Rutgers and marylands teams seem to be on the portal as well.

Iowa list from what I can tell:
Henry Geil rb
jayden McDonald whose headed to troy
joe Ludwig s

newborg og still in from last years portal
coon te still in from last years portal

last year we lost
brandon simon de
aaron mends lb/rush end
willie Ohara ilb

last year we gained
sleep dalton
3 wr's

interested to see what those wr's will do this year. Couple of them are bigger wr, could we see a switch to tight end? probably not with how well we've recruited the position, but should be interesting.

obviously a lot of stuff will change after the bowl games. I would suspect we will lose a wr or two, probably lose a qb or two, and probably lose a rb with goodsons ascension. Not thnking we will lose much more on defense this year, as there seems to be rolls for a lot of people. Maybe somebody in the secondary like a back up safety, perhaps Merriweather, but I doubt it.

I see Michigan State has 3 running backs, 2 wrs, in the transfer portal. Also not surprising half of Rutgers and marylands teams seem to be on the portal as well.

Iowa list from what I can tell:
Henry Geil rb
jayden McDonald whose headed to troy
joe Ludwig s

newborg og still in from last years portal
coon te still in from last years portal

last year we lost
brandon simon de
aaron mends lb/rush end
willie Ohara ilb

last year we gained
sleep dalton
3 wr's

interested to see what those wr's will do this year. Couple of them are bigger wr, could we see a switch to tight end? probably not with how well we've recruited the position, but should be interesting.

obviously a lot of stuff will change after the bowl games. I would suspect we will lose a wr or two, probably lose a qb or two, and probably lose a rb with goodsons ascension. Not thnking we will lose much more on defense this year, as there seems to be rolls for a lot of people. Maybe somebody in the secondary like a back up safety, perhaps Merriweather, but I doubt it.
I thought Mends had a lot of upside . That was disappointing. Where did he end up?

I thought Mends had a lot of upside . That was disappointing. Where did he end up?

He went to Illinois State, along with Romeo McKnight and Brandon Simon (list of where recent Iowa transfers played this fall can be found here).

McKnight actually had a great year (1st team all conference MVC after being on the all-Newcomer team last year; had 12 sacks, 16.5 TFL). Mends played in all games, and was 8th on the team in tackles. Simon also played in all games and was just behind Mends in tackles, adding 3 sacks and 8.5 TFLs.

Ryan Boyle was MVC Newcomer of the Year last year at Indiana State; he was off to a decent start this year, but tore his ACL after 4 games.

Manny Rugamba was 3rd team all-conference (MAC) at Miami of Ohio this year. As an aside, that true freshman QB that caused some mild hypertension during week 1 (Brett Gabbert) was named MAC freshman of the year.

Latest posts