Tracking 2013 Class Offers

247Sports has a VIP article indicating that the Hawkeyes have offered a new WR. The URL indicates that the subject of the piece is Colorado State commit Anjeus Jones of Dallas' South Oak Cliff HS.

I'd really like to get Smith. I've kind of been skeptical on Veii and expect him to stay out East.

Spearman? Who knows.

I hope we get Smith as well.

Veii was being recruited as a CB, then we got Desmond King. I think that Veii is gone.

In regards to Spearman, I don't know. He is all over the board.

AJ Jones also reportedly offered by Texas Tech and supposedly visiting there this weekend. He turned down an Iowa visit last weekend.

A glimmer of hope in what has been a dark season:

@BlairRIVALS

"Dallas WR Anjeus Jones just let us know that he will be visiting the #Iowa #Hawkeyes this weekend instead of #TexasTech http://bit.ly/XLNdfQ "

I hope the cold dose not effect his decision. It is a brave weekend for him to visit.
Jumper do you know if he plans on visiting Texas Tech at all or has he all ready done so considering the fact that he lives in Texas?

I hope the cold dose not effect his decision. It is a brave weekend for him to visit.
Jumper do you know if he plans on visiting Texas Tech at all or has he all ready done so considering the fact that he lives in Texas?

Signing day is a week from today, this weekend is the last weekend to visit.

Now he doesn't have to sign with any schools but if he doesn't sign with Iowa they will pass on him, they won't wait. Other schools are pretty much the same way. The last person I remember didn't sign was Alex Kozan but he was a top OL recruit for many schools.

I'm not sure if he has visited TTU before, but if he hasn't I doubt he'll be able to see their campus before signing. Of course, he could still take a mid-week OV Monday and Tuesday of next week, but an unofficial visit seems unlikely since Oak Cliff, while in the same state at Lubbock, is more than a 6 hour drive.

247Sports is reporting that Iowa has offered RB/WR Jonathan Parker out of St. Louis. Parker had offers from MAC schools (cue the haters) before committing to Tulsa in September. It appears that he will be taking an OV to Iowa City this weekend.

Jonathan Parker

Latest posts