Tracking 2013 Class Offers

USC will have the inside track on this one, supposedly they are his favorite team, and have been for awhile. but there are a few top notch RB's out there that Iowa is in on

Kimbrough will be at OSU's jr day this weekend with Jaylon Smith and others. Insiders believe Ty Isaac is a Michigan lean at this point.

who's are these insiders all knowing fulfred as i got that from a interview that was done with the kid, but i guess you know everything, even more than the kid

Lol...recruiting site interviews....lol

So reliable those are....amateur hour stuff right there.

Iowa has offered linebacker Nick Ramirez of Lee's Summit (MO) West HS.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYPJGXarJXY]Nick Ramirez (junior highlights) - YouTube[/ame]

I don't want to get my hopes up too much but I really hope they sign this kid

Aaron Bailey - Yahoo! Sports

I agree. Bailey seems like a great young man and he's clearly a fantastic athlete that could play multiple positions. My biggest concern with him is if Ohio State gets involved. He's seems like an ideal fit for the Urban Meyer option attack, and we all know that Meyer can recruit as well as anyone in the nation.

I know, hopefully there are some dual threats ranked even higher than him OSU will go after more than him.

I know, hopefully there are some dual threats ranked even higher than him OSU will go after more than him.

Fortunately, there are some big dual threat QBs on OSU's radar. After a quick overview of 247sports' rankings, here's the top ranked dual threat QBs in America (keep in mind that with my comments, I place a lot of value on the role of geography in recruiting, probably more than most people do):

Jalin Marshall [Ohio]--Comitted to Ohio State, but he may not play QB in college.
JT Barrett [North Texas]--I would bet he winds up in the Big XII at either OU, Texas, or Baylor.
Aaron Bailey [Chicagoland]--A lot of Big Ten schools are in the mix. I think he will stay in the region.
ArDarius Stewart [Alabama]--He's a 'Bama commit, but he probably won't play QB in college.
Malik Zaire [Ohio]--Here's another guy that may end up at another position.
Tyrone Swoopes [North Texas]--I don't know too much about his recruit, but his list on 247 includes a bunch of Big XII schools and Notre Dame.
Kharie McGee [Central California]--I don't know much about him either. He doesn't have too many listed offers so far.
Nadir Barnwell [New Jersey]--Attends the same HS as spurned recruit Tevin Shaw. He has a slew of offers from east coast schools, but he also may end up at another position.
Sefo Liufau [Washington]--Another guy who's recruiting will likely pick up more during the spring and summer.
Jason Smith [Alabama]--Probably won't play QB in college, but will likely end up in the SEC.
Jonathan McCrary [Georgia]--Looks like he's being heavily recruited by southern schools.
Ty Slanina [Southern Texas]--He has a few offers, but I don't know too much about him either.

Would Iowa take 2 QBs in the next class? They will only have 3 scholarship QBs on the roster after next season, and their appear to be some great prospects out there.

Would love to get one of the out-of-state heavyweights and then someone like Starcevich from in state.

Iowa has offered WR Darius Mosely from O'Fallon, Illinois.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPVnFH5poXw]Darius Mosely, WR/DB, Junior Highlights 2011, O'Fallon Football - YouTube[/ame]

Would Iowa take 2 QBs in the next class? They will only have 3 scholarship QBs on the roster after next season, and their appear to be some great prospects out there.

Would love to get one of the out-of-state heavyweights and then someone like Starcevich from in state.

I don't see Iowa taking two pro-style passers, but I could see the coaching staff taking a pro-style guy and a dual-threat or two dual-threat QBs.

Latest posts