Tracking 2012 Class Offers

The Hawkeyes landed Cass Tech LB Laron Taylor in this year's class and his teammate Ruben Lile is projected as a safety but could move down to OLB if he added some bulk. I expect that the Hawks will take another MLB this year, depending on how things shake out with other higher priority guys.

Lyle stated he is slated for CB
also Malloy has to walk-on and earn the scholly so we are back to 17 filled schollarships
Reid is able to play DB, RB or slot reciever

Lyle stated he is slated for CB
also Malloy has to walk-on and earn the scholly so we are back to 17 filled schollarships
Reid is able to play DB, RB or slot reciever

I'm pretty sure he's going to be at safety. he always just said they wanted him on the defensive side of the ball.

that would make a potential back field of Fleming at cb, Law at SS, Lile at FS and Campbell at CB

Don't forget we have Miller and Lowery for 2 more years, so that is a pretty good secondary for a while.

And I think that Jordan Lomax and Anthony Morgan will be pretty good ones too.

No change in status or ANY article references on Rivals that I can see..

Could his offer be dependent on other recruits we have higher accepting or not?

Or, he's still holding out for a Nebby offer?

Last edited:
the DB's are loaded for a few years now the coaches can be picky as to who they get
the chance for Reid just went up Wes Brown 4* RB just committed to Maryland last night
and Reid can play both the rb and db spot
to get Lynch and Reid would be great

If they could Lynch or Reid, I would be pretty happy with that.

I would like to see Kozan or O'Connor, but I think the Hawks do get Kozan.

I would like to see Curry come on board, but not sure how's he's feeling about the hawks anymore.

Could be an interesting way this class finishes out

I'll agree Lynch Or Reid would be great.

Have things cooled on Malik Golden?

Also, Vollstedt as a FB recruit has been the conversation over the last couple days.. would that be a walk on situation??

Last edited:
Blue White Illustrated has confirmed that Malik Golden is not going to be a January enrollee at Penn State. There have been rumors for awhile that he would decommit, but he is probably waiting until PSU has a new coach before he confirms anything.

FWIW-IF Goldsmith is the teammate at Cass Tech that Laron is talking about he may be a bit of a late bloomer. He has an offer from Vanderbilt which suggests he has his academics well in order and he's been making "All-Detroit" teams. I was reading that he bench presses nearly 400 pounds so he has good upper body strength. He's obviously short as lineman go, but he may have the kind of build where he would be awfully tough to move off the LOS. A classic "run-stuffer". He probably as pretty good short area quickness, and if DT doesn't work out he also plays guard.

2011 The Southeastern Elite First Team (Defense) Friday Night Titans, Michigan High School Football

Daryl at the Maximum Output invitational. Obviously, he needs to get in better shape but he seems to have some talent. Some real push that might work at DT or OG.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7QyyjqyQuc]Darryl Goldsmith - YouTube[/ame]

Lots of speculation that Iowa has or will offer Iowa Western CC center Eric Simmons, originally from Madrid, who would have a redshirt available and then 3 full years of eligibility after that.

Also, Kakert said in his Gazette article this week that Iowa is still looking at Tim Kilfoy from Davenport Assumption if they can't get Draper, who was offered by Kansas today.

Last edited:
Lots of speculation that Iowa has or will over Iowa Western CC center Eric Simmons, originally from Madrid, who would have a redshirt available and then 3 full years of eligibility after that.Also, Kakert said in his Gazette article this week that Iowa is still looking at Tim Kilfoy from Davenport Assumption if they can't get Draper, who was offered by Kansas today.

I talked to Eric on Tuesday and he was hoping for a call from Coach Morgan. It's safe to say that if he gets an offer he's a Hawkeye. Seems like a great kid.

Latest posts