Torrey Campbell

HawkeyeBA

Don't forget about this freshman. He used play RB in high school his Junior year and some his senior year. I know Iowa recruited him as a CB but if you saw his highlights you know he can play RB with no problem so if Iowa does end up getting even thinner at RB I would think he would be a viable option. Just a random thought I had thought I would share.

Don't forget about this freshman. He used play RB in high school his Junior year and some his senior year. I know Iowa recruited him as a CB but if you saw his highlights you know he can play RB with no problem so if Iowa does end up getting even thinner at RB I would think he would be a viable option. Just a random thought I had thought I would share.

Right now I would have to assume Canzeri and Bullock are the first options after Coker, White and Johnson.

Size is going to be an issue for Campbell in Iowa's scheme, especially as a True Freshman. I think Iowa will need to lose another back or two to make this a reality.

The thing is Iowa has had this same situation before, and had another defensive player who was great on offense in HS available(Jordan Bernstine). They never made the switch, and that looks smart in hindsight as he has never stayed healthy with limited playing time.

James Morris played RB, too. Would love to see Iowa line-up in the wishbone with JVB under center, Morris at the point of the 'bone and Campbell and Coker on the wings. That backfield would probably rival that of Oklahoma in the 70s and 80s.

James Morris played RB, too. Would love to see Iowa line-up in the wishbone with JVB under center, Morris at the point of the 'bone and Campbell and Coker on the wings. That backfield would probably rival that of Oklahoma in the 70s and 80s.

Really. You think 1 RB, 1 DB, and 1 MLB would rival the Okalhoma backfields? yeah, ok:rolleyes:

If Iowa was going to run the wishbone, I would want McNutt to play QB with Derby at #2. Also, I would keep Morris on D, run Coker at the point and have Johnson/White and Bullock/Canzeri as our HBs. Granted, our whole recruiting perspective for the past five years would have been different if we ran the wishbone, so I imagine we would have a few extra running backs if we planned to run the wishbone.

Latest posts