Top Offensive Lineman in American to Alabama

Because Ferentz is such a renowned molder of offensive linemen into NFL talent. Why does the supposed NFL talent want to go elsewhere? The answer and this thread is a 'dig' to the Iowa football program.

Since when does Iowa reel in 5 top lineman recruits? Ever? I don't think hauling in 5 of the top lineman in Iowa's recruiting class is a 'dig' to the program.

Iowa has had the most success recruiting the lineman that were just outside the "4 star" rankings. Back in 2005 Iowa had gotten a couple of 5 star lineman and neither of them amounted to much.

I must say I like the recruiting strategy of hoping Alabama stuffs themselves with so much talent that they puke some if up and we are standing beneath them with a bucket.

Iowa would take him back in a minute and 99% of Iowa fans would be excited. I have no doubt about either assertion.

Ditto and the reason he switched is because of 2012 lest we forget that 4-8 debacle. So why aren't we as upset at Kinny or Hall for bailing after being our first 2 recruits lasst year. I'll bet the Kinny kid regrets it that Indiana D still sux.

If Ross P. has the talent to be a good offensive lineman, then Iowa should welcome him back should he change his mind. Iowa's success is built around really good line play. Without that, you have the 2012 season.

Keep this name in mind:
Arguably one of the best lineman to come out of the program since Bulaga. If Iowa had told him to STFU and GTFO he would have landed at Nebraska. I think he changed his commitment several times, but ultimately wound up a Hawk.

Strongest. Statement. Ever.

With the way Bama recruits there is no guarantee he plays at all. If it were me I'd be a Hawkeye, but I'm a big Hawkeye fan and grew up wanting to play for the Hawks. I'd want to try to build a team to beat the best not join them.

I follow recruiting. That's not how kids think these days. Exhibit A: Miami Heat. Exhibit B: every cache of college basketball recruits that join up and go to Duke, UNC, Kansas or Kentucky.

Why would they go somewhere and be part of the foundation-building process when they can just team up, go somewhere where there's already a history in place so they can lay claim to "being part of the tradition" even if they didnt accomplish anything (see last year's top-recruiting class at Kentucky getting knocked put of the NIT early). In this format they can be the "it" thing for a year or two, regardless if they actually do anything while they're there.

Is it ideal? No, but it is the way of the world now.

Funny looking at these older threads and the poster names that come back. Like, what happened to some of these people. I'm sure some pass away which is kind of weird to think about.

Funny looking at these older threads and the poster names that come back. Like, what happened to some of these people. I'm sure some pass away which is kind of weird to think about.

'Member that guy who died on the old scout board and his wife reported it? That one was a gut punch.

Was he an LSU fan that befriended the Iowa site? Was very complimentary about the Iowa win, I believe. Maybe I have it wrong.

No, dude was an Iowa fan. Lived somewhere in the eastern quadrant of the state, maybe even Quad Cities. It's been 15 years so my memory of it is foggy.

Latest posts