Top 5 collegiant fb jobs.

HAWKEYES6

If you were a football coach with no family ties to worry about, what would you rank as the top 5 football jobs in college? (excluding Iowa)

1. Florida ~ best recruiting base in America.
2. Texas ~ 2nd biggest recruiting base.
3. USC ~ location and tradition.
4. Ohio St. ~ The mecca of high school football in the north.
5. Penn St.~ Assuming you do not have to follow JoPa

If you were a football coach with no family ties to worry about, what would you rank as the top 5 football jobs in college? (excluding Iowa)

Don't agree with Florida. 5 years ago you would have said Miami. 10 years ago you would have said Florida. 15 years ago Florida St. 20 years ago Miami

Notre Dame is a better job than Penn St to...I know I know....you guys hate Notre Dame, but it's still a better job

how can you Exclude Oklahoma from that list after what Stoops has done for that program?

another team... the University of Tennessee.. sure they held onto Phil Fulmer to long but they too could be a sleeper team on my list.

1. Texas
2. USC
3. Ohio St.
4. Oklahoma
5. Tennessee

Don't agree with Florida. 5 years ago you would have said Miami. 10 years ago you would have said Florida. 15 years ago Florida St. 20 years ago Miami

Notre Dame is a better job than Penn St to...I know I know....you guys hate Notre Dame, but it's still a better job

With their admission standards, Notre Dame is not a better job. God can't even help Notre Dame, or at least doesn't want to.

I think everything is fluid. Ten years ago this list looks totally different. Ten years from now will look different as well.

My top 5

Notre Dame (most tradition)
USC (top job in the west)
Alabama (top job in the SE)
Texas (top job in the south)
Nebraska (top Midwest job)

Ohio St is honorable mention

What does, 5, 10, 15, 20 years ago have to do with taking a head coaching job NOW???? The question wasn't, "What is the all time best Top 5 coaching jobs/schools?"

I would agree with the original post with the top 5. Maybe not in that order, but those would be the best positions RIGHT NOW.

What does, 5, 10, 15, 20 years ago have to do with taking a head coaching job NOW???? The question wasn't, "What is the all time best Top 5 coaching jobs/schools?"

I would agree with the original post with the top 5. Maybe not in that order, but those would be the best positions RIGHT NOW.

The question is what are the top 5 collegiant football jobs. I am sorry but I have a hard time saying Florida. They are the flavor of the month so to say in Florida. 5 years ago it was Miami. It changes. IMO Notre Dame is always a great job. Alabama always is a great job

I honestly think that Iowa is the number one CFB job in the country, and here is why:

• Longevity: By the time Ferentz retires, Iowa will likely have had two coaches in 40 years.
• Compensation: The Ferentz Era will establish Iowa as one of the top paying jobs in all of college football.
• Facilities: Ferentz will ensure that Iowa's facilities are always top of the line.

Now lots of schools have these factors, maybe a lot don't have the longevity but certainly pay and facilities. What they don't have that Iowa does and why Iowa is the number one job...

... because at no other school do you get all of this with a fanbase that is absolutely thrilled so long as you win 8-9 games a year. The other schools that offer this come with national championship expectations. Iowa does not. Come to Iowa and be competitive and you get incredible job security, pay on par with the biggest and best schools in the country, and top of the line facilities.

Was going to ask if you really needed to say "excluding Iowa" because it's no where close to the #1 coaching job. Of course, I see someone now claims it is the #1 coaching job in the nation. Of course, what a joke!

Come on people, I'm as big a fan of Iowa as anyone yet I know it's not among the top 5 jobs. Take off the yellow and black glasses!!

Was going to ask if you really needed to say "excluding Iowa" because it's no where close to the #1 coaching job. Of course, I see someone now claims it is the #1 coaching job in the nation. Of course, what a joke!

Come on people, I'm as big a fan of Iowa as anyone yet I know it's not among the top 5 jobs. Take off the yellow and black glasses!!

One person said Iowa...and he at least explained why he thought that. You on the other hand are just blabbing.

Dude... Texas is a better job than Iowa if you are an ego maniac.

Plus, I am The Boss, don't doubt me or I'lll do a back flip onto a piano at 60 years old

Notre Dame is the top job. It's Notre Dame. Enough said.

Moving past the bias of the present, I'd have to say historically that USC, Texas, Ohio State, the aforementioned Domers, and Alabama or Michigan have to be the most prestigious jobs, and will be in the future.

Notre Dame is the top job. It's Notre Dame. Enough said.

Moving past the bias of the present, I'd have to say historically that USC, Texas, Ohio State, the aforementioned Domers, and Alabama or Michigan have to be the most prestigious jobs, and will be in the future.

Enough said, Notre Dame sucks! ANd is a coach killer job.

1) USC - Great weather, great location, and great instate talent to recruit. Plus they have great appeal to high profile recruits all across the country (Joe McKnight, Damien Williams, Kyle Prater). Plus with no pro team around, you are pretty much the only game in town in the nations 2nd biggest market. Being successful can make you into a borderline celebrity. This job pretty much sells itself. Plus I almost forgot, free Escalades!

2) Florida - Has many of the same advantages that USC has minus the Hollywood scene and a tougher conference. I don't think anyone can complain about no state income tax.

3) Texas - It must be nice not to have to leave the state to recruit. The fans are as passionate as any in the country. They remind me of Iowa with wrestling. Unfortunatly most Texas Longhorn fans double as Dallas Cowboy fans.

4) Ohio State - Great tradition and they are one of the few schools that can attract high profile guys from the south to think about coming up north. And over the past decade, they have carried the Big 10 banner by themselves so to speak as opposed to Texas which shares with Oklahoma and Florida shares with Bama/LSU/Georgia. Could maybe even rank higher if Lebron wasn't leaving the state in the summer.

5) Florida State - Has all the potential Florida has. If you don't think so, go ahead and relive the 90's and early 2000's. Acedemics optional.

Latest posts