Top 5 Coaches Hot Seat Entering 2015

leslie - If you please, explain to us in post #2 what exactly you do not agree with.

Yes I would love too. The part that I do not agree with is that despite what some fans or the media think regarding Kirk Ferentz, I do not think that our athletic director nor the board of regents feel that Coach Ferentz's seat is as hot as the article claims! I hope that Barta and Ferentz understand that the Hawkeye faithful are getting restless, but I highly doubt that they feel that his seat is Top 5 worthy....

I think the win/loss record of the 2015 team will determine KF's tenure at Iowa. I am guessing he will have to win 8 games and go to a bowl, at a minimum. Just an opinion, no inside info. Also, I read this article earlier over on 247 sports and cannot find any information on the author. Sometimes, any ol' hack can do a blog and get it posted somewhere. Anyone have any info on him?

I think the win/loss record of the 2015 team will determine KF's tenure at Iowa. I am guessing he will have to win 8 games and go to a bowl, at a minimum. Just an opinion, no inside info. Also, I read this article earlier over on 247 sports and cannot find any information on the author. Sometimes, any ol' hack can do a blog and get it posted somewhere. Anyone have any info on him?
You're right on both counts. It will take 8+ regular season wins for Kurt to come back for 2016, and the guy that wrote that piece is just some random hack that does the occasional blog-type post for VOTH. Although in this particular case, I think he's correct and KF, Stoops, Spurrier, and Al Golden will all be out of their current jobs by the end of next season.

In the absence of a huge turn around he'll be at Iowa right up until it makes good economic sense to ask him to step away.

In the absence of a huge turn around he'll be at Iowa right up until it makes good economic sense to ask him to step away.
Which will be after next year when attendance falls off the face of the Earth. He will realize that it's in everyone's best interest for him to step away. If he's 1/10th of the decent guy that everyone says he is, he's not going to hold the university hostage for another $15 million in ransom or whatever the hell the buyout would be at. They will reach a mutual agreement on some kind of structured buyout at a reduced amount, and KF will slink off into the sunset while he still has a fraction of his self respect left.

It seems KF has been on someone's Hot Seat list since '07. For the first time it feels like it has a little bit of steam behind it.

Which will be after next year when attendance falls off the face of the Earth. He will realize that it's in everyone's best interest for him to step away. If he's 1/10th of the decent guy that everyone says he is, he's not going to hold the university hostage for another $15 million in ransom or whatever the hell the buyout would be at. They will reach a mutual agreement on some kind of structured buyout at a reduced amount, and KF will slink off into the sunset while he still has a fraction of his self respect left.

Would Iowa fans be satisfied with 8 wins and a middling bowl in 2015? Personally, I think kfootball needs to be held accountable in 2015 for the glaring failure and missed opportunity in 2014. I think we all agree that we should have won the West in 2014. I expect a West title in 2015. Period. kNU and WUs will have new coaching staffs and so will Pit. Looking at the 2-deeps, we won't have the talent/experience in 2015 that we did in 2014, but I don't care. If you don't demand a West title in 2015, then kfootball, essentially, gets a pass on 2014. That, to me, is unacceptable.

The hottest seat in the NCAA should be Gary Barta's. Iowa is last in all sports composite from 2008 until now. Now that the incompetent Sally Mason has been jettisoned, Gary has no one left to protect him.

Why was Paul Rhoads not on the list? He has no chance of having a winning record next year. Isn't 7 years long enough?

The hottest seat in the NCAA should be Gary Barta's. Iowa is last in all sports composite from 2008 until now. Now that the incompetent Sally Mason has been jettisoned, Gary has no one left to protect him.

Why was Paul Rhoads not on the list? He has no chance of having a winning record next year. Isn't 7 years long enough?
I think they were just talking about MAJOR colleges, therefore; no Paul Rhoads.

Latest posts