Top 5 Coaches Hot Seat Entering 2015

The hottest seat in the NCAA should be Gary Barta's. Iowa is last in all sports composite from 2008 until now. Now that the incompetent Sally Mason has been jettisoned, Gary has no one left to protect him.

Why was Paul Rhoads not on the list? He has no chance of having a winning record next year. Isn't 7 years long enough?

Rhoads is likely gone if he can't get 6 wins.....As opposed to Iowa where we have no clue if KF will be back after another dog*** year.

Would Iowa fans be satisfied with 8 wins and a middling bowl in 2015? Personally, I think kfootball needs to be held accountable in 2015 for the glaring failure and missed opportunity in 2014. I think we all agree that we should have won the West in 2014. I expect a West title in 2015. Period. kNU and WUs will have new coaching staffs and so will Pit. Looking at the 2-deeps, we won't have the talent/experience in 2015 that we did in 2014, but I don't care. If you don't demand a West title in 2015, then kfootball, essentially, gets a pass on 2014. That, to me, is unacceptable.
I agree and have said the same thing.
The base expectation in 2014 is the West title; in 2015 it should be the West title. If not, Ferentz should be gone.

He has stated his own goal is to play for B1G Championships. He hasn't for years. He should be held to his own goal.

He should be on the hot seat now. He isn't, but he should be.

Why was Paul Rhoads not on the list? He has no chance of having a winning record next year. Isn't 7 years long enough?

Because Paul Rhoads has a .500 record the past 6 years, and .750 the past 4 seasons.
2009 - 0-1
2010 - 0-1
2011 - 1-0
2012 - 1-0
2013 - 0-1
2014 - 1-0

Unless Sally Mason's replacement is a President who believes in athletic excellence as well as academic, Barta's position will be secure. If that's the case, Ferentz is good as gold for the remainder of his contract. Only a sharp decline in ticket sales would affect this scenario as the bottom line, as in most endeavors these days, is the almighty dollar.

Latest posts