Top 3 Positives / Negatives so far this year

nickhawk

Top 3 pleasing things so far this year:
1. Senior Leadership of Eric May – he is thriving in his role off the bench
2. Zone Defense – particularly 3 Point Defense – nice to see a dramatic improvement in this area
3. Team Resiliency – team came back from 23 down to Gardner Webb, 16 down to Minnesota and had a very nice comeback vs. OSU – the Michigan game is the only real blowout of the season

Top 3 Disappointments so far this year:
1. 3 Point Shooting – Ogelsby takes the brunt of the grief because he has struggled so mightily, but no one on the team is over 35% from 3 point land
2. Lack of clutch free throw shooting at the end of games – White in particular has struggled late in games
3. Disappearance of Marble for 2 critical road games at Minnesota and Wisconsin – I know he was battling a toe injury, but even if was able to generate 8 points in either game the Hawks could have come away with 2 huge road wins

Top 3 pleasing things so far this year:
1. Senior Leadership of Eric May – he is thriving in his role off the bench
2. Zone Defense – particularly 3 Point Defense – nice to see a dramatic improvement in this area
3. Team Resiliency – team came back from 23 down to Gardner Webb, 16 down to Minnesota and had a very nice comeback vs. OSU – the Michigan game is the only real blowout of the season

Top 3 Disappointments so far this year:
1. 3 Point Shooting – Ogelsby takes the brunt of the grief because he has struggled so mightily, but no one on the team is over 35% from 3 point land
2. Lack of clutch free throw shooting at the end of games – White in particular has struggled late in games
3. Disappearance of Marble for 2 critical road games at Minnesota and Wisconsin – I know he was battling a toe injury, but even if was able to generate 8 points in either game the Hawks could have come away with 2 huge road wins

The Good:

Team Defense - Such an change from a year ago. vTech was the only awful D game. Michigan wasn't good, either, though.

FT Shooting - Really good this year except for a couple of late game lapses.

Ball Distribution - Top of conference in assists.

The Bad:

Clutch Execution - The untimely turnovers and FT misses crushed this team.

Disappearing Offense - Too many 3-5 minute stretches without a FG. A couple of times I thought I was watching a Lickliter special.

Post Scoring - Not having a go to person in the post is tough. Basabe has had some flashes, but White really isnt a low post back to the basket threat. Woody's baby hook has vanished win his minutes.

3 Point Shooting - It has been said before, but it is shockingly bad this year.

The Good:
1) Team Chemistry
2) RDM
3) The development and play of MG

The Bad:
1) Lack of post play
2) RDM
3a) Lack of 3 point shooting
3b) Inability to hold a lead on the road

Just my $.02 .. ..

TO HAWKS!!!

Student section, we can hang with anyone, home games are fun again/ the heartbreaking losses, the ice cream cones are smaller than the lickliter years, and I dont sit by smiley anymore.

Good:

1. Viable young talent
2. Better than average bench play, especially on the defensive end
3. Eric May giving me the middle finger

Bad:

1. Not finishing games in crunch time
2. Shot selection
3. Nobody emerging as a go-to guy, not having a "best" player

Positives
1. The majority of the time they play very hard. I would say that many if the close games we lost that people claim we should have won, we were only in the game because we willed our way there with hard play.
2. Seem to play pretty smart for the most part. We have our lapses, but a fairly heady team.
3. Depth
4. Team players

Negatives-
1. Poor shooting team. Not a slump here guys, were just not a great shooting team, often we are a poor shooting team.
2. No guy that consistently take the ball to the hoop with shot clock winding down. No real scorer. Marble may be that guy in the future but not consistently now.

3 Positives:

1- The play of the freshmen

2- The improved team defense

3- Being on the buble

Negatives:

1- @ Va Tech

2- Close losses in conference

3- White and RDM disappearing down the stretch of tight games. Marble all together disappering and White at the free throw line.

Interesting thread.

The good:

1. According to Pomeroy, we are one of the youngest teams in the country, and yet we are 17-9!
2. Our team defense has been outstanding.
3. Fran is developing a wonderful culture on this team: They care about their teammates

The bad:

1. Really only the fact that we are 2-5 in games decided by 5 points or less. Hopefully that changes next year!

2. We lose Eric May (hopefully Uthoff and Jok help fill that void)

Latest posts