Top 10 Positives Going in to ISU game

Hawk1960

Still a lot of things to improve on but here are my 10 top ten positives heading in to Clown week ...

10) Willies caught his first career TD ... hopefully the first of many for this freshman

9) ISU game next Saturday is sold out ... should be a great atmosphere

8) Lomax continues to improve ... he was all over the field on Saturday and had 9 tackles ... he's developing a nose for the football.

7) We can beat anybody in the B1G ... Nebby, Wiscy not looking that impressive and their injuries are piling up.

6) Drew Ott is nearing "stud" territory ... very impressive on Saturday with 13 tackles, 1 sack and 2.5 TFL

5) No major injuries after week 2 ... deep sigh after Scherff went down yesterday.

4) D line looks tremendous ... only 61 rushing yards allowed in 2 games

3) LBs looked much improved in week 2 ... no breakdowns in pass coverage and seemed to be reading things very well.

2) Clowns are 0 - 2

1) Hawks are 2 - 0

Still a lot of things to improve on but here are my 10 top ten positives heading in to Clown week ...

10) Willies caught his first career TD ... hopefully the first of many for this freshman

9) ISU game next Saturday is sold out ... should be a great atmosphere

8) Lomax continues to improve ... he was all over the field on Saturday and had 9 tackles ... he's developing a nose for the football.

7) We can beat anybody in the B1G ... Nebby, Wiscy not looking that impressive and their injuries are piling up.

6) Drew Ott is nearing "stud" territory ... very impressive on Saturday with 13 tackles, 1 sack and 2.5 TFL

5) No major injuries after week 2 ... deep sigh after Scherff went down yesterday.

4) D line looks tremendous ... only 61 rushing yards allowed in 2 games

3) LBs looked much improved in week 2 ... no breakdowns in pass coverage and seemed to be reading things very well.

2) Clowns are 0 - 2

1) Hawks are 2 - 0

I knew Ott was all over the field but I didn't realize his stat line was that good. If he keeps that up we will have three big time studs on the line.

Thanks for posting the stats. I am waiting for King to have a pick 6 as well. We are quietly getting better and if we can somehow get an new OC between now and Saturday, I think we are looking at a good year.

I knew Ott was all over the field but I didn't realize his stat line was that good. If he keeps that up we will have three big time studs on the line.
When you are lined up against Scherff all week in practice the opponent on Saturday must look like the JV. Seriously though, I was watching him throughout the game Saturday and we was dominating.

Our defense was great last game is the biggest positive. We cleaned up the mistakes from week 1 and I doubt ISU gets 10 points.

Our defense was great last game is the biggest positive. We cleaned up the mistakes from week 1 and I doubt ISU gets 10 points.

Which means our O (special teams included) only has to score 11 for the "W". I kid. I kid. But seriously, we need to get it together next week, because Pitt has looked pretty good.

Here's one: We've gotten a scoring drive each of the times we have "needed" one in the first two games.

Good list. Don't forget our qb is very efficient, hasn't thrown a pic, is smart, a winner, doesn't panic, etc. Def an asset for us. He has played well this year w out much if a running game at all. Not easy to do at all

Thanks for posting the stats. I am waiting for King to have a pick 6 as well. We are quietly getting better and if we can somehow get an new OC between now and Saturday, I think we are looking at a good year.

If King gets a pick 6, it will most likely be off of a deflection of some sort.

Throwing his way is not really an opposing QB's best option.

Despite our struggles in Week 2 (well, and in Week 1) ... I expect to be a much more focused and inspired football team on Saturday. We are 2-0 and that sounds awfully better than 0-2. We have issues; but we still have the potential for a great season. If Iowa were to lose this game ... at home ... in the rivalry game ... against an 0-2 team ... then I will be concerned ... Not because I think ISU is that bad; I will be more concerned that we were not ready to play ... Iowa needs this win ... and it needs a convincing win ... (but, of course, I will take any win) ...

Positive: After the first 2 games, there shouldn't be any Iowa players influenced by some of the pre-season hype. Every game is a potential loss.

This isn't a knock.... but it's kind of hard to believe that as good as King has been, I don't believe he has even 1 INT.

Which means our O (special teams included) only has to score 11 for the "W". I kid. I kid. But seriously, we need to get it together next week, because Pitt has looked pretty good.

Pitt hasn't played anyone yet. Even the Pitt fans will tell you their domination was more of Delaware being that bad than Pitt being good. BC is rebuilding and is on the same level as ISU at this time. Pitt's field goal kicker is 100x better than ours though. He was nailing 50 yarders right down the middle....Hopefully it doesn't come down to FG's

I feel really good about Saturday. Should be easy win, Capt will carry intensity from last 5 minutes Saturday into this weeks game. Watch ISU... you're getting spanked bad.

Pitt hasn't played anyone yet. Even the Pitt fans will tell you their domination was more of Delaware being that bad than Pitt being good. BC is rebuilding and is on the same level as ISU at this time. Pitt's field goal kicker is 100x better than ours though. He was nailing 50 yarders right down the middle....Hopefully it doesn't come down to FG's

Agree, but Pitt will probably be our toughest test during the first half of the season. Pitt does have some injury issues on the OL ... Rowell their center is out for the year and Clemmings an OT left the game against BC with an injury.

http://www.cardiachill.com/2014/9/6...-pittsburgh-panthers-vs-boston-college-eagles

Latest posts