Tony Ramos Losing to Clark at wrestle offs

WildTurkey

I am really glad that happend! It seems to have lit a fire in Tony. Tony has to wrestle BJ Futril (sp) from Illinois soon and that is a tall task. I watched BJ take Jordan Oliver down 3 times in the all star match. Granted Oliver was gassed at the end, however BJ was in great shape. I predict a lot of action between Tony and BJ for the entire 7 minutes! cant wait..

Agree 100%, I'm almost of the opinion maybe leave a little doubt (in his mind anyways) that Clark is still being considered.

Then again Ramos has never ever had motivation issues.

didn't surprise me a whole lot when you wrestle someone day in and day out they know your weaknesses better than anyone! its just a matter of ramos getting his head right

I think too much is being made of Clark beating Ramos. Probably happens more than we think. Clark was an AA two years ago at 125. He is a quality wrestler. Ramos and Clark go 10 times Clark probably wins 2 or 3 of them.

I do agree though, Clark beating Ramos in a public setting should help keep Ramos grounded, focusing on improving and not taking anything for granted or lightly.

i remember Ramos was recruited/planned. Clark is still a beast just not what Coach B's was looking for. Obviously he was wrestling at ISU got a NCAA bid but didnt do anything-didnt place. To have him in the room is great adds more depth, more push but our starter is Mr Ramos. Ramos has a higher ceiling and I think Coach saw that a long time ago.
my opinion not everybody's Ramos is the man!
Go Hawks!!

What would really mess things up is if Clark finishes higher than Ramos at Midlands, especially if he has a head-to-head win. You guessed it...I'm still hoping the senior gets a chance to represent the Hawks, especially since they're so close in abilities (albeit with different strengths/weaknesses) and Clark has taken it up a notch based on similar accomplishments at Lindenwood.

Well.....what can I say after last night's performance. Barring injury, I think Ramos' win over Futrell shuts the door at 133. Ramos might never be able to turn guys for backpoints from the top position, but nobody else on the Hawk squad accomplished this feat last night either. That's right...ZERO backpoints for the Hawkeyes last night (although Evans and Telford worked their opponents hard from the top position)!

Well.....what can I say after last night's performance. Barring injury, I think Ramos' win over Futrell shuts the door at 133. Ramos might never be able to turn guys for backpoints from the top position, but nobody else on the Hawk squad accomplished this feat last night either. That's right...ZERO backpoints for the Hawkeyes last night (although Evans and Telford worked their opponents hard from the top position)!

He's going to get better at the turns, he's only a RS Soph. Lot's of time to work on his top game. IMO, there's not a lot of top notch mat wrestlers at this weight anyways.

Tony walked right by me and my sons after the wrestle off with Clark. He was visibly ******. A couple of the other guys walked past after their matches and there was no emotion after losing. They are still backups by the way.

He's going to get better at the turns, he's only a RS Soph. Lot's of time to work on his top game. IMO, there's not a lot of top notch mat wrestlers at this weight anyways.
There's one just north of Iowa City come DEC. can't wait!!!!

i would say neither. Have you watched Colon wrestle on the mat? He's right, he's very good on top.
You don't have to be high to think guys that don't wrestle for Iowa can be good wrestlers.

Oh, I'm not saying that at all CR. I've seen him wrestle, and he's good. I'm speaking more of how every time someone posts something about the 133 pound class or Ramos, this guy comes here and posts the same exact messages about Colon, over and over.

Latest posts