Tony Perkins to Mizzou

Tony gave all he had to the University of Iowa. Sometimes, ya just need a new start and a new place to shine. Especially when the old place sucked hard.

Go TONY

Guys - he needs a new atmosphere ok. He's done his time here. Nothing left to prove at Iowa and he can just move to play at Missouri and not play under all the pressures that come with playing at Iowa. This is good for him and us.

Rob, have you seen that Missouri passed legislation allowing high school kids to receive NIL money as long as they have a letter of intent to a public university in Missouri ?

I did read that. Will be interesting to see how that plays out there.

Competition is tough in the SEC.

Do we have any idea how much NIL money was prommised to Tony?
Competition is very tough in the B1G too - pretty much anywhere that cares about it's basketball program. Indiana, Purdue, MSU, Ohio State, IL, hell, even Nebraska is in on some top guy's it sounds.

Missouri went 8-24 last season .... this was never about the money is what Tony Perkins says on his way out the door.

Missouri went 8-24 last season .... this was never about the money is what Tony Perkins says on his way out the door.
Who knows. It might really be about the money and he just doesn't want to sound selfish. It's obviously not about winning or playing time so those two are definitely out. From everything I've ever heard most players like Fran and since he was supposedly really good friends with Patrick you would think Fran wouldn't have treated him worse than the average player.

Who knows. It might really be about the money and he just doesn't want to sound selfish. It's obviously not about winning or playing time so those two are definitely out. From everything I've ever heard most players like Fran and since he was supposedly really good friends with Patrick you would think Fran wouldn't have treated him worse than the average player.
From what I saw and knew, TP was basically in the McCaffery family. Like, I thought he might not leave just because of how close he was to our HC and their family. It's wild for me to see that comment, if you read comments below that, he answers to "watch next November, it wasn't about the money" - as if to indicate he wasn't being used properly at Iowa.

Rob, have you seen that Missouri passed legislation allowing high school kids to receive NIL money as long as they have a letter of intent to a public university in Missouri ?
So this is NIL $ tied to collectives I would assume? Not other 3rd party companies. But are we talking about maintaining NCAA eligibility or what? Cause as far as I'm concerned kids have always been able to earn $ with parental consent. I'll be curious to see what that's all about.

For a law to say now that a HS kid can go make $ seems odd. Cause yeah we always have... Regardless of being a recruited college athlete with LOI offer. Or does it have to be signed by the kid? Which is so lame cause those things are reengaged on all the time. I'll probably look into that more cause I have more questions then anything about it

From what I saw and knew, TP was basically in the McCaffery family. Like, I thought he might not leave just because of how close he was to our HC and their family. It's wild for me to see that comment, if you read comments below that, he answers to "watch next November, it wasn't about the money" - as if to indicate he wasn't being used properly at Iowa.
I'm not sure how else you can use a player like him. He could drive the lane and get short pull up jumpers whenever he wanted. Some games he would do it at will and make them all. Some games he would do it at will and miss them all. Some games he wouldn't even try to do it. Maybe he wants to be used as a defensive stopper. That's the only thing I can think of.

Latest posts