Tony Perkins Hitting Stride

Nice article. I knew it was a matter of time, he has all the tools!
Yes, unless you are a superstar coming out of high school, it can be hard for young players to try to be the main guy. tonyP is really playing with his head up looking to score, penetrate, etc. Tough player with a linebackers body. We will continue to see him become more aggressive with the ball.

Imagine if there was no early leave to the NBA, Fran would have two more years with both Murray's, PMac, and Perkins, and Sandfort might be really really good.

What I like is that all 5 starters are capable of scoring in double digits. Even Flip can cobble together 10 points on a good night. But, the only one who will for sure score in double figures every night is Keegan. The other four starters just have to play within themselves, be aggressive, but not force the action. If shots are dropping, keep shooting. If not, find a teammate.

Off the bench we have a great scorer in Kris, 2 guys that can score when they are hot (Connor and Sandford) and two guys who know there role and are looking to distribute and play D.

Through most of the Fran years, we have been heavily reliant upon 2-3 guys to carry the full load on offense. This is the most balanced team of the Fran era. Not even close.

JoeT and Ulis also are very tough customers

Absolutely no Fear

They are relentless on D

When Perkins, JoeT, and Aaron are on the floor

There are huge problems for the opponents

That D has been a huge factor in this season's mighty success

It's All Good

:cool:

Called it. Well two out of three ain’t bad. At the beginning of the season On a thread on who we thought would emerge out of the guards, I picked Perkins and mentioned he had the build of many of Michigans States best guards. I also stated that by the end of the season Iowa would be tough and no one would be looking forward to playing them.

What Ingot wrong was how quick Iowa would develop and where they might finish. I think I had them as high as ninth and as low as eleventh. I am very glad to have missed that prediction.

Well it’s tournament time. Time for Fran and staff to do their part and get these guys ready for a good run in both tourneys.

Put simply, Tony P. is a stud!
He's really made progress this year. Not a great shooter but really good at getting to the rim and finishing. I'd love to see him work on posting up small guards, he's got the body type to take advantage.

He's really made progress this year. Not a great shooter but really good at getting to the rim and finishing. I'd love to see him work on posting up small guards, he's got the body type to take advantage.
Perkins would be an absolute stud at Wisconsin because that's exactly what their guards do.

Glad he's here though. He's becoming a stud for us as well.

Latest posts