Tony Moeaki Update

I am trying to understand what's going on with this thread. I loved reading the article about how Tony was progressing. Still curious why people here seem to be trying to stick up for Moeaki when he made a mistake. Knowing where you are on the field is an elementary fundamental. Moeaki should know this...rookie or not.

As was said, Weiss isn't much of a collegiate head coach. But he is a pretty good offensive coordinator. Why anyone wouldn't want to take his advice is a concept I don't understand.

"It’s always dangerous to make too much of a weekend worth of practices, particularly when contact is off-limits. But tight end Tony Moeaki , a third-round pick, looked like he could be a nice addition to the passing game. Moeaki gave the defense fits during the only full-squad portion of practice that was open to the media. His ability to get down the field exceeds that of Leonard Pope and Brad Cottam. But Moeaki has a little to learn about route running. On one third-down play, Moeaki cut off his route short of the first-down marker, prompting offensive coordinator Charlie Weis to loudly inform Moeaki that such an effort wouldn’t be tolerated again."

A six-pack of rookie camp observations | Red Zone

Charlie understands the consequences of coming up short on third down...against Navy and BC.

I really wish Tony wouldnt have ended up in KC! I hope he does well, but I cant root for them.

Big Charlie does know offense. He was a horrible head coach and his defenses were awful but NE hasn't won a SB without him.

I really wish Tony wouldnt have ended up in KC! I hope he does well, but I cant root for them.

Well, I can. So I'll do it for you.

Anyone know what number he'll be? The roster says he's #81, but is that where he'll stay?

Last edited: