Tonights meet

CradleU

I'm traveling back from St Louis tonight and was hoping someone would have a thread going with updates. Anyone planning on it? It would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think Iowa has wrestled yet. Watching the MBB game and looking in on the meet. Looks like HWT for the previous teams. UTC v. Cornell. Hawks on deck?

Will let you know.

McD wins first match. Something like 7-1. No audio and I am not paying super close attention. Wrestled well on top. A little tentative on the bottom. Two more updates from me and then on your own. Sorry!

Nick Trizzino wins @ 133. Not sur eof the score but looked like 10-3 or so.

Nick T looks like he can wrestle!

Hope we have an alternative to Chiri. He funked his way to a nice pin, but he gave up 2 early takedowns and looked a little sloppy.

Hope we have an alternative to Chiri. He funked his way to a nice pin, but he gave up 2 early takedowns and looked a little sloppy.

Also was his FIRST varsity nod....I'd be willing to bet he was probably anxious/nervous when he got into an Iowa singlet for the first time. The way I see it, he funked his way to a 2-0 career record at Iowa. Pinned the 13 rated 149er in the country, a guy that qualified for nationals last year....I'd say that's a pretty solid win considering it was his first and only, until he won again later in the evening. I'd say it was a wonderful start to his Hawkeye Career.

I'm traveling back from St Louis tonight and was hoping someone would have a thread going with updates. Anyone planning on it? It would be greatly appreciated.

usually i would do point for point updates but ive been busy with holidays i didn't even get to watch it

Also was his FIRST varsity nod....I'd be willing to bet he was probably anxious/nervous when he got into an Iowa singlet for the first time. The way I see it, he funked his way to a 2-0 career record at Iowa. Pinned the 13 rated 149er in the country, a guy that qualified for nationals last year....I'd say that's a pretty solid win considering it was his first and only, until he won again later in the evening. I'd say it was a wonderful start to his Hawkeye Career.

Chiri will be lucky to qualify for the NCAA's. I'm not sure that his opponent was ranked 13th either. He was 6-6 entering the match losing to a couple unranked wrestlers. I had hopes that with Carew, we might have a shot at a low All-American. Maybe my hopes were too high for this weight.

Latest posts