tom osborne ignores iowa

when talking about big ten schools they have played he mentions almost every school but does not mention iowa who they have played 41 times, maybe a little cheap shot already?

I don't think so, there's a lot going on today. I think you're reading a little too much into this one

My gosh, you sound like one of the multitude of whiners hanging out at cyclone fanatic

We will have plenty to talk about in 2011, can't we just enjoy the moment for now of punking the Big XIi?
at what part of this post sounds like whining,it was a observation and i posted a question hence the question mark. sounds like ur pretty familier with cyclownfanatic maybe u should stay there.

I wouldn't expect it to be a slight, and I look forward to playing them regularly. And BTR, you know I bleed black and gold, but let's be honest. In the big picture, we are not on the same level as Nebraska, historically. In the last decade, yes, and hopefully going forward, but not yet.

Good greif. Are we really going to develop and inferiority complex over Nebraska not mentioning us? We are Iowa, not ISU.

It's not a case of Coach Osborne ignoring Iowa, he only failed to mention Iowa. There's a big difference.

He did well in the middle 90"s and on. Had to use players of questionable character that Iowa would never allow on the field. I moved to Nebraska in 91 and the fans wanted to hang the guy.

* I think TO is playing Iowa, getting into their heads, taking control of our minds, setting us up for a beat-down. He has mental powers like that, you know. It's how he gets people to stay in that God forsaken state of his.

* I made all that stuff up, can you tell?

I never really cared much for Tom Osborne until I watched him go for 2 against Miami when a PAT would've given him a tie for the Nat'l Championship. After that, the man was 100% in my book.

* I think TO is playing Iowa, getting into their heads, taking control of our minds, setting us up for a beat-down. He has mental powers like that, you know. It's how he gets people to stay in that God forsaken state of his.

* I made all that stuff up, can you tell?

I get your "stuff", but on a serious note, my wife, who is from Ne, is worried about TO due to his pail facade and weary demeanor. He is a good man and the world is a better place with him on it.

I get your "stuff", but on a serious note, my wife, who is from Ne, is worried about TO due to his pail facade and weary demeanor. He is a good man and the world is a better place with him on it.

On a serious note, TO is the Chuck Norris of Nebraska, he garners that much respect. When he decides to step down it will not only be a sad day for Nebraska, but a sad day for college athletics.

Good greif. Are we really going to develop and inferiority complex over Nebraska not mentioning us? We are Iowa, not ISU.

We already have a fully developed inferiority complex. Nebraska was in our heads the second someone mentioned them to get in the Big 10.

Clearly, as I have been saying for some time, we are not in Nebraska's head at all.

Tom Osbourne IMO is the best college coach of the modern era. **** it I think he is the greatest coach in college football ever. Only Knute Rocke can even be considered better. With the way his program was in the days of glory back in the 80's and 90's...not beating somebody by at least 40 points was basically a loss for them. He can act anyway he wants IMO. Any friend of Hayden's is a friend of mine.

Tom took over an already great program and kept it going. I would say the best coach of the modern era is Bill Snyder. He took the worst program in the country and built it into one of the best. I lived near Manhattan, KS for a couple of years while I was in the Army, and I can tell you there is very little to lure an elite football recruit there. To do what he did where he did it is a much bigger feat than keeping an already great program going. It's too bad Snyder retired for a few years, K State may not have fallen back off the football map if he hadn't.

T.O. didn't mean to ignore anyone. As one of the greatest coaches of all time, he knows better than to take anyone lightly. I am sure that he, just like every other Husker fan is looking forward to a Husker/Hawkeye rivalry.

I have lived in Iowa for 17 years and am thrilled that my Huskers will now compete in the Big Ten. Long over due!!!

maybe he is doing what Deace suggested we do to ISU. Treat them like UNI. they only time they exist is the week we play them. the other 51 weeks of the year. nope.

I never really cared much for Tom Osborne until I watched him go for 2 against Miami when a PAT would've given him a tie for the Nat'l Championship. After that, the man was 100% in my book.

That decision garnered mad respect from me. That, to me, was a championship move - win or lose.

Latest posts