tom osborne ignores iowa

Tom took over an already great program and kept it going. I would say the best coach of the modern era is Bill Snyder. He took the worst program in the country and built it into one of the best. I lived near Manhattan, KS for a couple of years while I was in the Army, and I can tell you there is very little to lure an elite football recruit there. To do what he did where he did it is a much bigger feat than keeping an already great program going. It's too bad Snyder retired for a few years, K State may not have fallen back off the football map if he hadn't.

I can see that and can understand anybody that would agree with it too. I still think TO was the greatest but to each his own.

I never really cared much for Tom Osborne until I watched him go for 2 against Miami when a PAT would've given him a tie for the Nat'l Championship. After that, the man was 100% in my book.
I didn't like him the first 40 years but he's been ok the last 35.

When it comes to football Iowa has one of the most sensitive fan bases in the country

This.

Now that NE is in the league I am going to have to add something to my sig to make sure it is known I am an Iowa fan and not a Husker fan given my location!

Latest posts