Tom Moore

SirEdHightower

He has been around the football facilities a lot recently. There is a very, very good chance he will be a part of the Iowa football program in some capacity. What a great mind to have back in IC.

Ryan: "You get a guy with this kind of experience, how can it not help your football team?"

"He's one of the best offensive minds -- football minds -- I've ever been around," Sanchez said. "He just has a different way of saying things sometimes. He has a way of keeping you calm. He reminds you of what you can do to get better, and he's a calm presence that I think is good for our offense."

Sanchez said Moore provides insight on everything from different types of pass coverages to tendencies of different defensive coordinators to how some cornerbacks tip plays by their stance.

And he's a fun guy in meetings, too. During breaks, Moore tells old stories, dating to his days as an assistant coach of the legendary Pittsburgh Steelers teams of the 1970s.

"He'll tell a story about Terry Bradshaw or the Steelers or being around Peyton," Sanchez said. "They're some of the best stories you can ever hear."

Man, if we add Tom Moore it's too bad we didn't keep Norm around longer, we could replace the ANF logo with AARP.

This seems to very much fit KF's style: bring in an experienced hand who poses no threat of either taking over or leaving (a la Norm). That said, I'm guessing he's coming in as a consultant. Technically, he could probably be considered an interim coach until other positions are announced.

I have a hard time believing that Moore will be on the staff next year. My guess is that KF asked if Tom could come in for a few days to critique the program and maybe help evaluate OC candidates.

QB coach to groom Raih a bit more? Maybe that's a stretch.

I don't see it as a stretch at all. Campbell doesn't have play calling experience. Raih could learn from the best in the business. Sort of a mentor for a young staff. Doesn't mean it's going to happen but the pieces do fit together.

Erik Campbell OC - receivers
Tom Moore QB coach - assistant OC
Lester Erb - RB's - Special Teams
Brian Ferentz - Offensive Line
Johnson - TE & Recruiting director

Under this scenario Moore could help get the offense organized and teach Campbell play calling. As I said, it's hypothetical, I have no indication this is going to happen.

Sorry, I saw that, just updating that there have been numerous meetings with Moore the last few days.

Yep.

For the people begging for a dedicated QB coach, think about this:

Tom Moore has coached one of the greatest to ever play the position.

He has also been privately tutoring Andrew Luck.

I indicated in other thread there is more going on than consulting with Ferentz.

At this point he is "consulting" with position players, or was the past couple of days.

Sorry, I saw that, just updating that there have been numerous meetings with Moore the last few days.
Yep. For the people begging for a dedicated QB coach, think about this:Tom Moore has coached one of the greatest to ever play the position. He has also been privately tutoring Andrew Luck. I indicated in other thread there is more going on than consulting with Ferentz. At this point he is "consulting=" with position players, or was the past couple of days.

Bang Biscuit!!!