Tom Izzo thinks the firing was disgusting

He lists a lot of names of guys I am sure he loved beating to death on the court. Amaker and Monson had a decent amount of time.

He lists a lot of names of guys I am sure he loved beating to death on the court. Amaker and Monson had a decent amount of time.

I was just going to say the same thing. This firing was not "disgusting" even though the last 3 years were

Screw Tom Izzo. All he does is beat us like the red-headed step-child, and then says something condescending after the game like "our kids didn't play hard" or some such nonsense.

I guarantee you if he goes 10-22 MSU will want his scalp as well.

If you research it a little bit, you will discover that MSU has fired its share of football coaches over the years (I think Muddy Waters got the axe after only 3 years).

Was just getting ready to post this when stormin's thread appeared. (Stormin, you must have faster Internet and got the Google alert quicker :) )

Wow. Just wow:

With Iowa head coach Todd Lickliter being fired after three seasons on Monday afternoon, Izzo was noticeably shocked standing at the podium.

“I feel sorry for some of these guys as I did (former Michigan coach) Tommy Amaker, as I did (former Minnesota coach) Dan Monson, as I do (Indiana head coach) Tom Crean a little bit,” Izzo said.

“Guys that take over programs that have been decimated with crap, that right now would be where I would change my opinion of telling a friend to take a certain job.

“I’m not going to say anything insulting about anybody’s administration, but that is not because of lack of work, lack of effort or cheating. … That’s disgusting to our profession, unless there’s something that I don’t know that he did wrong, meaning scandalistically — and I’m 99 percent sure that isn’t true.”

This is one damn shocking quote from Izzo:

"I mean, you hear rumors of places calling in players to get their opinion on the coach. I mean, how great is that, you know? Let's call Saddam in here and ask him if the Al-Qaeda network is good or bad. How ridiculous is that? That's ...

Typical Izzo. He said the same thing about Alford.

Coaches stick together. And as Jon said, I'm sure Izzo would rather prepare for a game against Lick than someone else we might bring in.

He was pretty consistent with praise for Alford, and then for Lick. Why would he wish for a coach to come to IOWA and be successful, as it would make his job more difficult.

Spank, how many more articles will you find to offer your love/support/and remorse for Lickliter?

I think that the "coaches stick together" would be the approach that Izzo is going with.

I'm sure he is a confident enough coach that he feels he can win any game and doesn't fear any other coach with all of his success.

Tom, that was a joke right. Comparing Saddam to D1 BB players that actually play for the program. I would expect no less for Mich. St. if he has a 3 yr run of pathetic proportions. Its really betond comprehension that anyone had a hard time seeing that there was a problem with Lick. IMO Izzo was really enjoying having a couple nights off during the BT season where the kids could screw off and still get their win.

I like Tom Izzo, but his comment suprises me. Come on, this decision was clearly a financial one, and Gary said that. Donors and fans do have a say, with their wallet.

At a time when when the NCAA wants to expand the tournament again, when conferences have to have their own networks to be successful, coaches get paid $ for TV and radio shows they hate, etc., he questions integrity?

I wonder if message boards would be so kind to him with Licks record over the next three years. He would likely be gone as well. They are used to winning.

Its results, unless you can bring in $ while losing. It was obvious, Iowa could not, and it already lacks in facilities.

Tom's success went to his head on this one. Good people lose their jobs every day. Why, $.

Iowa's fans live college athletics, maybe unlike Michigan.

Latest posts