TOM-AWN PRE-season rankings

PSU gonna have a tough time 3-peating this year. They have a much weaker overall lineup.
Ruth moving up weakens them as well (in my opinion.)
I think the Hawks definitely look more well rounded and stronger on paper...

133, 184 and Hwt are extremely tough weight classes this year.
133 has Scott Sentes coming off a RS season and it sounds like Tyler Graff might also try and cut to 33.
184 was already stacked and is even more insane now that Ed Ruth has move to this weight.
Hwt is a killer with Dom Bradley and Jarod Trice coming off RS seasons.

Should be a fun team race again this year but based on returning points from Nationals I'd say Penn St is the Favorite especially when you consider the bonus points they'll most likely score at Nationals.
Have a feeling Andrew Alton will place in the top 5 at 149 and their 174 pounder should place in top 8.
Very good chance their Hwt (possibly transfer Jimmy Lawson) will also score pts.
(Not as many holes in their line up as I thought they might have but thankfully they look somewhat weak at 133 & 141)

On a positive note I'm hopeful that both Evans and Gambrell will score more team pts in a big way compared to their performance last year at Nationals.
Going to be hard for Bobby Telford to place in the top 5 with Trice and Bradley coming off of RS seasons in addition to the russian hwt from Okie St being healthy again.

Can't wait for the season to get started. Go Hawks!!

Penn State - 119.5
Megaludis-18.0
Martellotti-1.0
A. Alton-6.0 (2011)
D. Alton-15.5
Taylor-30.5
Ruth-27.5
Wright-21.0

Minnesota - 92.5
Thorn-2.5 (2011)
C. Dardanes-19.5
N. Dardanes-4.0
Ness-17.0
Storley-11.0
Steinhouse-14.5
Nelson-24.0

Iowa - 90.5
McD-27.0
Ramos-18.5
St. John-18.0
Evans-2.0
Lofthouse-7.5
Gambrall-2.5
Telford-15.0

Probably the best set of rankings I have seen thus far. Great group of guys doing the best they can. Most logical set thus far. I appreciate all the work they do....

I think Ballweg will be ranked very quickly at 141 once the season starts. I think he has a great shot at placing high on the podium his senior year.

I really believe that Oklahoma State is going to be tough to beat. You've got Oliver at 149#, Caldwell at 165#, Perry at 174#, Gelogaev at HWT, Rosholt at 197#, Kindig at 141#, and Morrison at 133#. All capable of putting points on the board. Should be interesting.:)

I hate PSU, but Ed Ruth ranked #2? I know he's moving up but C'mon, he's as close to unbeatable as you get in this years class.

I hate PSU, but Ed Ruth ranked #2? I know he's moving up but C'mon, he's as close to unbeatable as you get in this years class.
I think that it is because Bosak is the defending NCAA champion but I'll agree with you.