Told ya So

Hawkman1961

Nice job Hawks 1 more loss just great to lose . Your cooked
Go women go win it for the title.
LETS GO RUTGERS !!!!!!!!!!! LET'S GO RUTGERS !!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Fran’s weakness has always been defense. Over and over and over again Nebraska players drove right to the front of the rim. This is why we can never get past the second round in the NCAA tournament. By the time you get to the second round most teams can play on both sides of the court, BUT NOT IOWA!!! Fran has decided to put all his chips on the offensive side of the court.

Also that missed off balanced three pointer by Sandfort and those two missed free throws at the end were the ball game. Kris just looked tired this game also. When Kris and Tony are both off together not too many good things are going to happen. It really is amazing the final score was as close as it was all things considered.

Please let it be so. This might be fran's best coaching job too, however, I think most people are ready for a change. Ready for DeVries!

Ya....I think Fran has taken us as far as he can...unless they are on fire like at Indiana in the round of 32. If he walked....I think you thank him for getting Iowa relevant again and look to get a closer in a coach.

No excuse to lose this. Had a lot more to play for than Nebraska did.

Whatever they haven't learned by now, they're not going to learn by some magic elixir the next week or two. Have to hope that the other team shits the bed just as bad as us when we have a shooting night like this and that we find a way to survive a grinder.

Fran’s weakness has always been defense. Over and over and over again Nebraska players drove right to the front of the rim. This is why we can never get past the second round in the NCAA tournament. By the time you get to the second round most teams can play on both sides of the court, BUT NOT IOWA!!! Fran has decided to put all his chips on the offensive side of the court.
We all know what will happen to this team in the 2nd round if not the first. Very athletic guards have alway been a challenge for Iowa level ones and twos.

There is a lot of overreacting going on in this thread. Yeah, the Hawks blew the opportunity at a double bye in the B1G tournament, but they still have to play and see where they land in the Dance. I’ll be cheering for them and yelling at my TV, too.

7 seed, 8 seed, it doesn’t matter. Let’s just let the chips fall where they may. We all can’t be any more disappointed than we all were the last two years against Oregon or Richmond.

It won’t shock me if the Hawks reach the Sweet Sixteen or lose in the first round…and that’s not apathy, that’s being realistic.

Yep, just when we think Iowa basketball is on fire and can’t be beat. Especially by Nebraska with a double bye in the Big Ten tourny on the line. They totally poss down their own legs. Fran has taken Iowa as far as he can. Need some new, young blood coaching

Iowa 2-6 against the teams playing on Wed at BTT.
9-3 v. those who are not.
I'm sure coaches talk their ear off about 'respect everybody'.
Record shows that they are still college kids and still think they can 'show up and win'.
TP & KM looked pissed off v. Indiana on Tuesday and cruise control today.
Doesn't work that way. Whole league like that, just Purdue has Eddy.

Yep, just when we think Iowa basketball is on fire and can’t be beat. Especially by Nebraska with a double bye in the Big Ten tourny on the line. They totally poss down their own legs. Fran has taken Iowa as far as he can. Need some new, young blood coaching
I for one never took a win today for granted at all. It was the last game of the season and nothing about this season gave me any clue what was going to happen next game.

Doubt if many other coaches could have got further with this team. Lack of depth, too reliant on outside shooting.

There are flaws on this roster and finishing tied for fifth isn't bad considering said flaws.

Doubt if many other coaches could have got further with this team. Lack of depth, too reliant on outside shooting.

There are flaws on this roster and finishing tied for fifth isn't bad considering said flaws.
I agree. Part of me hates the missed opportunities. But the rest of me realizes we were never that good and had enough hard fought wins to not even have to sweat the bubble thos year. All in all a decent year. I really hope the new players coming in are good because the remaining players on our roster are only capable of being fringe NCAA tournament.

Please let it be so. This might be fran's best coaching job too, however, I think most people are ready for a change. Ready for DeVries!
Boy DeVries will certainly be a warm name around some bigger programs after the season for sure. Thing is, would it be a good move for him OR would it be another McDermott situation (with ISU, he's since rectified himself with the Jays).