Toks Akinribade COMMITS to IOWA

I hate to say it, but hawkeye4life is absolutely right. I too found myself feeling overjoyed by the fact that we got a commit from a RB whose best option wasn't Ball State. Three Big 10 schools offered him, we hit the lottery! But when you think about it, Purdue and Indiana are the worst two teams in the Big 10 and have been for a while. Michigan is right there at the bottom with them, and their coach just got canned as a result. Hell, Michigan begged Jake Rudock, on of the most boring qbs of the Ferentz era, to come play for them. Then throw in Cincinnati and Boston College? Really?

Again, this commit is a huge step in the right direction for us, no question about it. But Ferentz really has tricked us into lowering the bar with recruiting standards. Now let's beat out Nebraska, OSU, Penn State, MSU, or Wisky for recruits. You know, the teams at the top half of our own conference. Teams that acctually have something to sell right now.

imagine that - you and 68 agreeing on something. chance iowalaw and 68 are the same person = over 50%. even like each other's posts....

Again, this commit is a huge step in the right direction for us, no question about it. But Ferentz really has tricked us into lowering the bar with recruiting standards. Now let's beat out Nebraska, OSU, Penn State, MSU, or Wisky for recruits. You know, the teams at the top half of our own conference. Teams that acctually have something to sell right now.

Jordan Walsh – offers from Arizona, BC, Duke, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Mich St, Minny, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue, Tennessee, UCLA, USC, Vandy, Wisconsin
Jaleel Johnson – Arizona, BC, Indiana, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Michigan St, Minny, Tennessee, Toledo, Vandy, Wisconsin
Desmond King – Indiana, Wisconsin
Matt Nelson – Arkansas, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Stanford, Wisconsin
Nate Stanley – Wisconsin
James Daniels – Alabama, Auburn, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Michigan St, Northwestern, Ohio St, Penn St, West Virginia, Wisconsin
Angelo Garbutt – Missouri, Nebraska, Oregon St, Texas Tech, Wake Forest
Jack Hockaday – Duke, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Nebraska

And I'll take the hard working plow-boys from Iowa and from wherever to round out the trenches. Iowa is and will be a developmental program who will compete against other Power Conferences for recruits but that is not ever going to be Iowa's bread-and-butter. The recruiting is turning around in my opinion ...

So every recruit has to be seen as "hitting the lottery"? Why can't we just look at a guy that looks decent and be like "guy looks solid"? You can look at Michigan's record over the past 5 years and say who cares about Michigan but the fact of the matter is that Michigan has pulling in top tier recruiting classes on a regular basis despite their record. The Michigian tradition is very hard to overcome on the recruiting trail, that's just a fact. OK so he also had offers from other D1 schools that don't blow your doors off. Who cares. Kid looks like a solid recruit that was has legit speed and was offered by a school in the B1G that's out recruited every other school in the B1G with the exception of OSU. I'm sorry if it doesn't fit some people's predetermined narratives that they have currently, but beating out Michigan for a "skill position" player is actually a good thing. Does it fix everything? No. But how about we direct the negativity where it's warranted. It all starts to become a little drowned out after a while. I'm in no way a Kirk apologist and think there's a good chance this is his last year. But hey man, if for some reason he does have a good year I'm all for it. I'm more interested in my favorite team winning than anything else.

Well said. I think people are so entrenched on not being proven wrong that they're willing to say up is down when it's really just up.

Let's just check our egos at the door and be happy that we got a promising recruit that Michigan wanted.

Jordan Walsh – offers from Arizona, BC, Duke, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Mich St, Minny, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue, Tennessee, UCLA, USC, Vandy, Wisconsin
Jaleel Johnson – Arizona, BC, Indiana, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Michigan St, Minny, Tennessee, Toledo, Vandy, Wisconsin
Desmond King – Indiana, Wisconsin
Matt Nelson – Arkansas, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Stanford, Wisconsin
Nate Stanley – Wisconsin
James Daniels – Alabama, Auburn, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Michigan St, Northwestern, Ohio St, Penn St, West Virginia, Wisconsin
Angelo Garbutt – Missouri, Nebraska, Oregon St, Texas Tech, Wake Forest
Jack Hockaday – Duke, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Nebraska

And I'll take the hard working plow-boys from Iowa and from wherever to round out the trenches. Iowa is and will be a developmental program who will compete against other Power Conferences for recruits but that is not ever going to be Iowa's bread-and-butter. The recruiting is turning around in my opinion ...

Seems like there are a lot of comparisons to how Iowa gets out-recruited by Wisconsin -- here are the offer lists from their 2016 verbal commitments ... I see one legitimate power conference offer list:

Wisconsin Recruits (2016 Verbals)

Luke Benzschawel – Wisconsin (only offer)
Tyler Biadasz – Illinois St, S. Dakota St, Southern Illinois, Western Illinois
Noah Burks – Ball St, BC, Buffalo, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Miami (OH), Minnesota, W. Michigan
Seth Currens – Bowling Green, Illinois, Marshall, Miami (OH), Ohio, Robert Morris, Toledo
Griffin Grady – Air Force, Illinois, Kent St, Kentucky, Maryland, Miami (OH), Northwestern, Ohio, Toledo, Virginia
Dallas Jeanty – Air Force, Alcorn St, Appalachian St, Bethune-Cookman, Bowling Green, Brown … and many more like this
Patrick Kasl – Eastern Michigan, Holy Cross, North Dakota, South Dakota
Kare’ Lyles – Wisconsin (only offer)
Mason Stokke – Army, Iowa, Northern Illinois
Antonio Wiiliams – Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Duke, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, N. Carolina, NC St, Notre Dame, Ohio St, S. Carolina, Vandy, Virginia Tech

I hate to say it, but hawkeye4life is absolutely right. I too found myself feeling overjoyed by the fact that we got a commit from a RB whose best option wasn't Ball State. Three Big 10 schools offered him, we hit the lottery! But when you think about it, Purdue and Indiana are the worst two teams in the Big 10 and have been for a while. Michigan is right there at the bottom with them, and their coach just got canned as a result. Hell, Michigan begged Jake Rudock, on of the most boring qbs of the Ferentz era, to come play for them. Then throw in Cincinnati and Boston College? Really?

Actually, you love to say it. Over, and over, and over.

I don't think you and 68 are cyclone trolls, like many have suggested. You are just douchey aholes.

:cool:

Wisconsin just hired a new coaching staff for the second time in a few years. They are expected to have an off recruiting year, as their coaches have only had a couple of months on the job.

Seems like there are a lot of comparisons to how Iowa gets out-recruited by Wisconsin -- here are the offer lists from their 2016 verbal commitments ... I see one legitimate power conference offer list:

Noah Burks – Ball St, BC, Buffalo, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Miami (OH), Minnesota, W. Michigan
Seth Currens – Bowling Green, Illinois, Marshall, Miami (OH), Ohio, Robert Morris, Toledo
Griffin Grady – Air Force, Illinois, Kent St, Kentucky, Maryland, Miami (OH), Northwestern, Ohio, Toledo, Virginia
Dallas Jeanty – Air Force, Alcorn St, Appalachian St, Bethune-Cookman, Bowling Green, Brown … and many more like this
Antonio Wiiliams – Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Duke, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, N. Carolina, NC St, Notre Dame, Ohio St, S. Carolina, Vandy, Virginia Tech

Actually, you love to say it. Over, and over, and over.

I don't think you and 68 are cyclone trolls, like many have suggested. You are just douchey aholes.

:cool:

With an emphasis on the ******. Iowalaw is the biggest tool on here since ForeverIowan won't show up to eat crow anymore.

So we're taking the Wisconsin new staff's 2016 verbals to date and comparing it against some of Iowa's better candidates over several past classes = apples/oranges. If I recall most of Wisconsin's success in recent times has been achieved with Bielema recruits.......casting a wide net and pulling from talent rich areas for key needs. His eye for talent has proven itself and translated to results on the field. I haven't seen that from Iowa for awhile.

By the way, I think we're doing better thus far this year in our recruiting efforts.........thanks in large part to changes that Ferentz has finally seen a need to make.......may be too late however.

Only concern I have is that, as we know, there is no honor in recruiting. If Harbaugh still wants him I'd wouldn't expect him to stop badgering, cajoling or even begging Toks to wear the maze and blue instead of the gold and black.

Any news on how the Georgia project is coming? Heard Iowa has a lot of offers out to preps in GA.

Latest posts