Toks Akinribade COMMITS to IOWA

I know there's frustration with recruiting probably over the last 5 years.....but really? Are you even looking up the recruit before going all mouth breather?
This kid has offers from Boston College, Cincy, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue and freaking Michigan. Derp Harder!

LOL. A real murder's row there. When was the last time any of those schools were ranked in the top 25? So now the recruit passes the smell test as long as he doesn't have MAC offers? You've been officially Ferentz'd.

LOL. A real murder's row there. When was the last time any of those schools were ranked in the top 25? So now the recruit passes the smell test as long as he doesn't have MAC offers? You've been officially Ferentz'd.

You trolls aren't even trying anymore. If you are complaining about beating out Michigan, Boston College, Cincinnati and other perennial bowl teams then you should find another team. Or better yet, focus on your Cyclones getting ONE recruit.

You trolls aren't even trying anymore. If you are complaining about beating out Michigan, Boston College, Cincinnati and other perennial bowl teams then you should find another team. Or better yet, focus on your Cyclones getting ONE recruit.

You compound dwellers don't even know how ridiculous you are. 5 years ago we would have thumbed our nose at any of those schools, including Michigan. You simply fail to realize how far your boy has driven down expectations of this program that his disciples can feel emboldened enough to rejoice over recruits just because they lack MAC offers.

BTW, which of those teams are "perennial" bowl teams?

There's no smell test. Dude was saying Iowa beat out Toledo and Ball State. Doubt those schools were even in the kid's top 5. There's a difference between using cognitive thought when it comes to the Hawkeyes and trolls that just make noise for the sake of making noise.

Jesus Christ on a bike now it has to be top 25 offers. You freak'en haters gonna hate

So Proud

You compound dwellers don't even know how ridiculous you are. 5 years ago we would have thumbed our nose at any of those schools, including Michigan. You simply fail to realize how far your boy has driven down expectations of this program that his disciples can feel emboldened enough to rejoice over recruits just because they lack MAC offers.

BTW, which of those teams are "perennial" bowl teams?

So, you don't think this kid looks decent?

We would have thumbed our nose? Yeah, back when we were elite in recruiting. Jesus man.

Liking the speed / power recruits at RB and getting players that are true to their position. I don't get too bent nor bonered over *** or offers from competition. Wish 'em great success and opportunity to contribute to Hawkeye W's.

Here's the deal ... Hawks have had plenty of speed and power RB's but if they miss a block or drop the ball once, especially while young, then they fall into a derKirkFer's black hole, regardless of how greatly their talents could contribute. Seniority, experience, security and technique trump youthful athleticism and physical skill all week long and twice on Saturdays. It's the 80 / 20 rule from derKirkFer's school of player management to scheme and strategy ... risk, even if only perceived, counts 80; reward, even if proven, counts 20.

Best of luck to all these fine players that have chosen to be Hawkeyes. Hope you are tenacious enough to overcome your coaches' dogmatic limitations.

...... on top of everything else, he just has a kick-azz name!! We'll have fun with that.

I do like his frame and he seems to have decent speed. I have a good feeling about this one.

Oh heck yeah

Take that Ball State

Toledo you can stick up your tail pipe and smoke it.

Watch out Miami (OH) we are coming for your next recruit.

A breathtakingly irrelevant and poorly timed rant on your part. Wow, man, wow.

And though Michigan has been down lately, any time we beat them out for a recruit, it's a big deal. Especiallys with Harbs there now.

I've watched videos of both Barrington Wade and Toks Akinribade and it seems to me that Toks is faster, has more moves and he runs more with his head down compared to Wade who seems to be a little slower and upright. It actually seems pretty obvious from the film that Toks is the better back. I don't get why Wade has a higher recruiting rating and ranking than Toks though. Maybe they are seeing something that am not or it could have to do with competition.

I hate to say it, but hawkeye4life is absolutely right. I too found myself feeling overjoyed by the fact that we got a commit from a RB whose best option wasn't Ball State. Three Big 10 schools offered him, we hit the lottery! But when you think about it, Purdue and Indiana are the worst two teams in the Big 10 and have been for a while. Michigan is right there at the bottom with them, and their coach just got canned as a result. Hell, Michigan begged Jake Rudock, on of the most boring qbs of the Ferentz era, to come play for them. Then throw in Cincinnati and Boston College? Really?

Again, this commit is a huge step in the right direction for us, no question about it. But Ferentz really has tricked us into lowering the bar with recruiting standards. Now let's beat out Nebraska, OSU, Penn State, MSU, or Wisky for recruits. You know, the teams at the top half of our own conference. Teams that acctually have something to sell right now.

I know there's frustration with recruiting probably over the last 5 years.....but really? Are you even looking up the recruit before going all mouth breather?
This kid has offers from Boston College, Cincy, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue and freaking Michigan. Derp Harder!

I hate to say it, but hawkeye4life is absolutely right. I too found myself feeling overjoyed by the fact that we got a commit from a RB whose best option wasn't Ball State. Three Big 10 schools offered him, we hit the lottery! But when you think about it, Purdue and Indiana are the worst two teams in the Big 10 and have been for a while. Michigan is right there at the bottom with them, and their coach just got canned as a result. Hell, Michigan begged Jake Rudock, on of the most boring qbs of the Ferentz era, to come play for them. Then throw in Cincinnati and Boston College? Really?

Again, this commit is a huge step in the right direction for us, no question about it. But Ferentz really has tricked us into lowering the bar with recruiting standards. Now let's beat out Nebraska, OSU, Penn State, MSU, or Wisky for recruits. You know, the teams at the top half of our own conference. Teams that acctually have something to sell right now.

So every recruit has to be seen as "hitting the lottery"? Why can't we just look at a guy that looks decent and be like "guy looks solid"? You can look at Michigan's record over the past 5 years and say who cares about Michigan but the fact of the matter is that Michigan has pulling in top tier recruiting classes on a regular basis despite their record. The Michigian tradition is very hard to overcome on the recruiting trail, that's just a fact. OK so he also had offers from other D1 schools that don't blow your doors off. Who cares. Kid looks like a solid recruit that was has legit speed and was offered by a school in the B1G that's out recruited every other school in the B1G with the exception of OSU. I'm sorry if it doesn't fit some people's predetermined narratives that they have currently, but beating out Michigan for a "skill position" player is actually a good thing. Does it fix everything? No. But how about we direct the negativity where it's warranted. It all starts to become a little drowned out after a while. I'm in no way a Kirk apologist and think there's a good chance this is his last year. But hey man, if for some reason he does have a good year I'm all for it. I'm more interested in my favorite team winning than anything else.

Latest posts