Today will be an interesting day

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
It will be shocking if Barta announces anything other than Lickliter being out at Iowa...

I will be traveling today to go and get family in Missouri and bring them back to Iowa...Storminspank will be here manning the boards and watching for the press releases. When I get back in early evening, I will start work on my 'What next?' story, with coaches names, tiers and more...

I am seriously OPTIMISTIC about the timeline here. It's not like Barta is going to make any quick decisions. I wonder what has transpired over the past 3 days in terms of feeling out possible replacements??

BTW- any chance that presser will be broadcasted?

I remember the last time we went through this when Alford left and it was a crazy/fun week. Let the coaching speculation begin!

It was pretty fun that week Alford left. People were stalking planes, at least 5 coaches were booked coaches at Iowa. It was good speculation. Like one poster said, throw the bank at Pearl!

I know a lot of people expected to wait til after today to give the girls their spotlight, but with the uproar in speculation that happened Friday through the weekend, an announcement almost lets a little air out of the balloon. I honestly think that an announcement today makes it easier to enjoy the woman's accomplishments rather then the other way around.

It was pretty fun that week Alford left. People were stalking planes, at least 5 coaches were booked coaches at Iowa. It was good speculation. Like one poster said, throw the bank at Pearl!

I'm STILL waiting for Rick Majerus to be introduced as Steve Alford's successor at Iowa!

BTW Jon,
I caught the last hour of your show this morning and I found it more than refreshing to hear ISU bashing. Let's just hope our 'potential' new coach can turn into some positive conversations.

What will this hire make Pollard look like?

BTW Jon,
I caught the last hour of your show this morning and I found it more than refreshing to hear ISU bashing. Let's just hope our 'potential' new coach can turn into some positive conversations.

What will this hire make Pollard look like?

I didnt listen to it...I was sleeping :)

I know a lot of people expected to wait til after today to give the girls their spotlight, but with the uproar in speculation that happened Friday through the weekend, an announcement almost lets a little air out of the balloon. I honestly think that an announcement today makes it easier to enjoy the woman's accomplishments rather then the other way around.

I was thinking the same thing. This is good I believe. I'm now really looking forward to hearing where the Iowa girls go!

I received two calls last night with two "rumors".

One was from a heavy hitter alum/donator that confirmed that Lick was out. He said that they were under the impression that this was in the works as early as last Tuesday.

Second call was from a former member of the U of I athletic department that said that the guy #1 on the list is Kevin Stallings.

For whatever that is worth. Either way I like how this is coming to and end!

I received two calls last night with two "rumors".

One was from a heavy hitter alum/donator that confirmed that Lick was out. He said that they were under the impression that this was in the works as early as last Tuesday.

Second call was from a former member of the U of I athletic department that said that the guy #1 on the list is Kevin Stallings.

For whatever that is worth. Either way I like how this is coming to and end!
Stallings would be good too!

Latest posts