To compare ISU and Wisky games-where is the disconnect

uihawk82

Wisky plays ISU in week one, week 3 (like we played ISU), or week 11 and Wisky wins 50+ to 3 or zero. No contest not even close.

The Hawks play Wisky in week 11 dead even, the defense is fired up, the offense tries to control the ball, gets a nice play but only scores 3 first half points.

The offense looks great in the second half, the defense still fired up but gives up a few big plays.

You all saw it.

Now how can the Hawks play right with OSU last year at OSU, Wisky this year and most of last year yet lose to a really really bad ISU team??

Is all it is is KF and the senior captains not lighting a fire under the teams butts?

I tell you what if the hawk team last saturday (especially 2nd half offense) shows up for most halves this year they probably are sitting at 10-1 right now.

Anyone else have any ideas except maybe KF's calm demeanor doesnt translate well to some of his later teams or we are missing some hellcat captains and leaders?

Wisky plays ISU in week one, week 3 (like we played ISU), or week 11 and Wisky wins 50+ to 3 or zero. No contest not even close.

The Hawks play Wisky in week 11 dead even, the defense is fired up, the offense tries to control the ball, gets a nice play but only scores 3 first half points.

The offense looks great in the second half, the defense still fired up but gives up a few big plays.

You all saw it.

Now how can the Hawks play right with OSU last year at OSU, Wisky this year and most of last year yet lose to a really really bad ISU team??

Is all it is is KF and the senior captains not lighting a fire under the teams butts?

I tell you what if the hawk team last saturday (especially 2nd half offense) shows up for most halves this year they probably are sitting at 10-1 right now.

Anyone else have any ideas except maybe KF's calm demeanor doesnt translate well to some of his later teams or we are missing some hellcat captains and leaders?

1. Iowa usually plays to the level of their competition

2. The Iowa State Pembrick Jummerly factor. They play against Iowa like their lives depend on it. They hate us more than we hate them.

I think the reason is that the worse the team we play, the more into a shell Kirk goes. He thinks we can win those games as long as we don't make mistakes and in the process we end up in a 50/50 game.

If we opened it up from the beginning against teams like ISU, there is a good chance we win by 20 plus points. But if we open it up there is also a small chance that we make some mistakes and end up losing. Kirk is unwilling to take that small risk.

People think it's about the team playing to their level of compition but I just don't think that's the case.

Sometimes I wonder if KF doesnt like to beat teams or most teams by 20+ points. Not the nice thing to do.

I dont think KF has much of a killer instinct which is odd for a head football coach. You can want to beat a team by 35 points without being a d**k and I dont think KF is a d**k.

Latest posts