Tired of Steve Alford threads

ibahawkeye

Am I the only one that feels this way?

Yes I understand the irony of starting another thread about him.

Maybe I'm one of the only few that really doesn't care what he does at New Mexico.. good luck to him. I care about Iowa hoops.

Everybody wants to knock this guy but he sure seems to be having much more success at New Mexico than we are here in Iowa.

He is getting the last laugh... not you guys posting in the message boards. Even if he did just get upset in the tourney. At least he is playing post in the post season.

the only reason he is having success is because Reggie Theus left that program in alot better shape then he left the Iowa program. I think, after 3 years of being gone, if he can still bash the U of Iowa, then he deserves everything he gets posted about him on the message boards. He'll probably leave NM this year for the multiple coaching spots open, siting the many problems NM has and the support he gives. All I have to say is "lucky you" whoever has him as a coach.

the only reason he is having success is because Reggie Theus left that program in alot better shape then he left the Iowa program. I think, after 3 years of being gone, if he can still bash the U of Iowa, then he deserves everything he gets posted about him on the message boards. He'll probably leave NM this year for the multiple coaching spots open, siting the many problems NM has and the support he gives. All I have to say is "lucky you" whoever has him as a coach.

You do realize that Reggie Theus coached at New Mexico State don't ya?

Alford followed McKay at New Mexico. There was only one player associated with McKay on their team this season. McKay left Alford squat.

If you are tired of them, why did you start one?

QFT.

It's clear the situation is still personal with some people about SA. He was spot on about Iowa and their resources to the program & he just completed a season with 30 wins and #3 seed. He's doing very well for himself.

:rolleyes:

QFT.

It's clear the situation is still personal with some people about SA. He was spot on about Iowa and their resources to the program & he just completed a season with 30 wins and #3 seed. He's doing very well for himself.

Maybe he can have dinner with Bill Self tonight. Neither one has a game to prep for.

Maybe I'm one of the only few that really doesn't care what he does at New Mexico.. good luck to him. I care about Iowa hoops.

Everybody wants to knock this guy but he sure seems to be having much more success at New Mexico than we are here in Iowa.

He is getting the last laugh... not you guys posting in the message boards. Even if he did just get upset in the tourney. At least he is playing post in the post season.

1) You started another one
2) Most have Alford in the title; don't read them

1) You started another one
2) Most have Alford in the title; don't read them

I guess I should have been clearer... the bashing Steve Alford threads.

I stated in my original post that I understood the irony of starting the thread.

He is getting the last laugh... I'm sorry that is too much for most to handle.

I guess I should have been clearer... the bashing Steve Alford threads.

I stated in my original post that I understood the irony of starting the thread.

He is getting the last laugh... I'm sorry that is too much for most to handle.

He is not getting the last laugh, he is getting ripped up pretty good. By the Huskies fans and some lobo fans!! Letting his team laugh at Washington before the game.

He is not getting the last laugh, he is getting ripped up pretty good. By the Huskies fans and some lobo fans!! Letting his team laugh at Washington before the game.

Our basketball is in the worst shape EVER and he lost in the 2nd round of the NCAA Tourney??

Would you trade places? I would gladly.

There are several Iowa 'fans' on this board who take much more pleasure in a New Mexico loss than an Iowa win.

That's sad.

GlidingHawks

Was he the Indiana guard with the center-part back in the 80's?

Good player. Didn't he play with Uwe Blab at least one year?

I mostly disagree. Theus helped significantly yes, but the real deal is Craig Neal....
That is why Alford is having success and no other reason really matters...

The High School they attend just won Back to Back Class 5-A State Championship.

Kory Alford 6’4” 2011 La Cueva (Albuquerque NM)
Son of Lobo coach Steve Alford is a shooter with a long and athletic physique.

Bryce Alford 6’1” 2013 La Cueva (Albuquerque NM)
Savvy young combo-guard has an excellent stroke like dad (New Mexico coach Steve Alford)

Last edited:

Latest posts