Time to now get the jimmys and the joes

SpiderRico

Its now been shown that the staff that was put together in 2012/2013 has officially jelled, that the culture issues that existed in the last year (detailed by BF in a Mike Hlas podcast) have been fixed, that getting KF off the road fundraising for the football complex has paid huge dividends, and that said complex has been a huge lift to the performance of the team.

Now, it's time to turn this success into big recruiting wins and get the athletes in place that can put us over the top. Everything else is now in place.

Its still the same roadblock though.

You dont go to Iowa if you want a chance to win titles.

Yep. They had a chance to be able to talk to every 4* and 5* guy in the country. But you still can't win a national title at Iowa, so they'll stick with the USCs and Alabamas.

Recruiting will be better, but they missed a huge chance to elevate the program to a true first-tier level.

Yep. They had a chance to be able to talk to every 4* and 5* guy in the country. But you still can't win a national title at Iowa, so they'll stick with the USCs and Alabamas.

Recruiting will be better, but they missed a huge chance to elevate the program to a true first-tier level.

********. What season have you been watching?

********. What season have you been watching?

I know you're upset, but be honest. If I were another coach recruiting a kid that Iowa wanted and I was from USC/Texas/OU/Alabama/Florida/ND/tOSU/MSU, all I'd have to say is, "You know, Iowa isn't getting into the playoffs. They can't even win a Big 10 title. If you want that, you'll have to come with me."

And there's no argument you can use that voids it. If they win this game, now an Iowa coach can at least make the argument. They were in the playoffs.

Again...recruiting will improve. But this was a HUGE opportunity lost.

We need skill playears bad, unfortunately I just don't see us getting any. We have the facilities and everything needed to elevate the program, but I just have a feeling it's not going to help much.

Bull crap... They did not blow anything. Iowa knows what players they want..They get them too. Yep - that's right, we then develop them and graduate them as well. Good things happen at the u of IA. Next year - more fun games!!

You might want to change that. You can't say Iowa didn't have a CHANCE to win a title. Sure you can say the DIDN'T win the title, but you can sure sell the fact that you will get to play in title games with a chance to make your mark.