Time to move on

but he aint a nice guy.
I want my kid's teacher to be a nice guy. I want my football coach and my lawyer to be as ruthless as the rules allow.

And boy, would he want revenge on Nebby and want to kill Wisconsin. You hire the opposite of what you had. That's Pellini or Bielama.

I want my kid's teacher to be a nice guy. I want my football coach and my lawyer to be as ruthless as the rules allow.

And boy, would he want revenge on Nebby and want to kill Wisconsin. You hire the opposite of what you had. That's Pellini or Bielama.

i'd take 2 different opposites than those two crazy effers.

Niceness has nothing to do with it. Some have the knack and some dont.

I’ve tried to remain loyal and upbeat, but I’m through. I stood behind Kirk season after season, extension after extension. I even tried to remain positive watching him shoot Brian up the coaching ladder and into an OC position that he wasn’t qualified for. But the joke was on ya and bows it nothing more than a slap in the face.

By no means do I think I know more than KF, but this offense is an absolute train wreck and I’m tired of watching our defense do everything in their power to keep games close.

Hawkeye football is simply no longer fun to watch. The regime will not change so rather than bitching about it I’m simply done watching the dumpster fire until their is some sort of entertainment value. Enjoy the Nebraska game and bowl game. I’ll see you all on the basketball board and hopefully this one again in the future.

To paraphrase the brilliant Cam Newton “time to ride off with the Titanic”

Its funny to watch those switching and jumping off. Its been brutal to watch in a good number of games in many years. It just seems he can pull a rabbit out of a hat. Nothing has changed besides the nepotism which might make the next rabbit difficult to pull out. Will be interesting to someday know the as Paul Harvey used to say...the rest of the story.

wow, those are two really nice ideas, cincy. i'm down here in OK and I didn't even think of yurcich, but i'd bet he'd love to have stanley as a qb. OSU is a fast break offense.

Thanks. I like the fact that it moves the ball with a decent amount of running too, and that it works even if you get third or 4th pick of the skill position players in a region (behind Oklahoma, Texas, LSU, usually).

Pruitt would fit the current pro style play, and probably wouldn't stay long. He's probably as hot as Frost, though, so a long shot.

Yurrich is a gettable, offense oriented guy that really loves to teach. Gundy has quietly been producing quite the coaching tree. Yurrich had recruiting ties in the Midwest and Pennsylvania. Anyway, I'd call him if I was looking.

You can't be nice on the field. You can be sporting and polite, but not nice. Pellini and Bielama are crass in both spots. So that's a knock pin them.

Kind of splitting hairs I guess. Im known as a very nice soccer coach in politeness, fairness, and sportsmanship. We are also known for being physical, aggressive snd relentless. Some coaches naturally get the ebb and flow of a game and csn coach about sny team sport. Others are so focused on execution the dont see ebb snd flow. Execution is a good thing but so is emotion. You can have a team that executes like a machine with a high level of intensity. With the 02 team that was there. Not sure how Id describe 09 as Stanzi wasnt a machine with extreme execution. I still think KF has great years with players that buck him. His son is obviously under his thumb and Stanley probably doesnt buck him. Wadley has been tamed. Next year or 2 KF will have in placecwhat he wants in backs, qb and coaching.

Latest posts